Author Topic: Looking for my Loddon Ladies - Jillings  (Read 9371 times)

Offline Westoe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for my Loddon Ladies - Jillings
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 22 January 15 00:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello John,

Check your emails - quickly, quickly - think I've got something useful for you. Have to send it offlist as person may still be living.

Cheers,
Westoe

Offline Westoe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 23 January 15 16:31 GMT (UK) »
Not quite right, John!

FreeBMD has Audrey's birth as Registered in the September quarter, 1935!

So she may have been born in July, August or September - or even June, as you had 6 weeks to register a birth! ...

Hello John,

The above quote from KGarrad is important in the case of Duncan Wilson on your other thread. You reckon he was born in 1884, but ... if 6 weeks allowed to register a birth, then 19 December, 1883 IS a possibility.

The Duncan Wilson whose death in 1977 you found and discounted was born on that date. I suggest that you send for the birth certificate of "your" Duncan and check the date of birth. If it matches, then you know.

The reference for the birth certificate is:
District - Morpeth
Volume - 10b
Page - 338

Cheers,
Westoe

P.S. Any idea of what his sister Madge's proper name was? Margaret possibly? The thought occurs that they might have been twins, since she was seven when she died in 1890.

Offline Westoe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 28 January 15 02:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello again John,

No, they weren't twins. I've looked through the newspapers, but no luck finding birth announcements for either of them. However Madge's age is given as 7 years and 7 months when she died 7 March 1890. That would have her born approx. August 1882. Her notice was in Newcastle Courant on 15 March 1890, Glasgow Herald 10 March 1890 and is also listed to be in the Dundee paper, but I couldn't find it there.

Louisa's death was in the Newcastle Courant 29 Nov 1890 - a very brief squib - not as many words as in the Sunderland paper where cause of death was given as pneumonia. Do you have these? If no, I can email them to you.

Cheers,
Westoe