Author Topic: Trawsffyndd McNamara and Weir.  (Read 1803 times)

Offline macbanana

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Trawsffyndd McNamara and Weir.
« on: Tuesday 12 August 14 14:54 BST (UK) »
Hi.I'm trying to find out about my dad James McNamara (R.I.P.) and of his early life in Trawsfyndd Wales.He was born in Tyn y pistill on 20/01/1926 and spoke Welsh he had three brothers and two sisters,Peter,Francis,John,Irene and Molly fathers name Francis mothers name Margaret.My Grandfather and Grandmother came over from Ireland with children and relatives in around 1924 to work on the Hydro dam.My Great gran apparently opened the first fish and chip shop there to supply the workforce.How can I discover anything about my family's life there.My dad had a best friend there called Cradock Roberts who died in the second WW.He had an old female neighbour with one arm who babysat him.He had fond memories of Trawsfyndd ,any advice or info much appreciated.My Grandmothers maiden name was Weir ,her mother and two brothers were also in Trawsfyndd.Would there be any census records from that period ?Thankyou.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Trawsffyndd McNamara and Weir.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 August 14 15:14 BST (UK) »
Hi

The parents seem to have lived in Yorkshire, Merionethshire and Birkenhead as the children were born in thise locations between 1924 and 1934

The last available census is 1911 and they only appear to have lived in Merioneth for approx 5-6yrs as a child was born in Birkenhead in 1932

Did Francis senior die in 1963 in Birkenhead?  If so - he was born around 1887

When and where did Margaret die?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)