Author Topic: Adoptions  (Read 56170 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Adoptions
« Reply #45 on: Monday 01 September 14 05:42 BST (UK) »
Majam

I have them photos also in my tree under agnes no photos are of her parents is all agnes may the child photo you have put up aswell is  Agnes May at  7 years old in this picture. Picture dated 1869 and your saying to me she doesn't have aboriginal features look closer.

Yes, I am saying she does not have Aboriginal features.  I looked closer.    Please do check for the marriage cert for Agnes and also consider checking for Mary Ann's marriage cert too.  I am happy to try to follow up with a search for the respective parish registers IF there's the usual blanks on these marriage certs from that era.

ADD, have you inspected the originals of those photos?

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline bron63

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 01 September 14 05:46 BST (UK) »
also on agnes death and coroners report says father - firth boundary rider  he was from mudgee  so I don't understand your statement you put.

Offline bron63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 01 September 14 05:48 BST (UK) »
I have nothing of mary ann - I have agnes marriage cert and her death cert and her mothers death cert

Offline bron63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 01 September 14 05:53 BST (UK) »
Majm
I have already put certificates down on here if you look at all my chats to sue you will see them.

Offline bron63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Monday 01 September 14 05:56 BST (UK) »
sparrett sorry not sue

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 01 September 14 06:02 BST (UK) »
also on agnes death and coroners report says father - firth boundary rider  he was from mudgee  so I don't understand your statement you put.

Not sure which statement you are referring to.  But, you will find that the family history information on NSW certificates is informant driven.  NSW BDM does NOT check if it is accurate, truthful or relevant.     The Coroner relies on the informant too, when it comes to info about the deceased's parentage.  The Coroner is far more involved in finding the legal aspects relating to the death, ... the cause/s of death.   NO ONE checks, and if the person giving that information is a family member, then that person is grieving, and comforting other grieving family members and organising a funeral, and the significance of answering all the funeral director's questions means that the informant is relying on memory rather than checking on any "important papers" kept safe in a special drawer or place.     

So, you have provided info from Agnes death certificate.  I wrote
Re the 1927 death cert, I notice that Agnes' son was the informant.  So it is likely he was providing that information to the funeral director at the same time as he was arranging the funeral and contacting the family and making all the arrangements and grieving himself.  Perhaps FIRTH was a name that he remembered from his childhood, or perhaps it was a memory from one of his siblings.  However, it may well be less reliable information than the first hand information that Agnes would have been asked to provide when she married.   

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 01 September 14 06:02 BST (UK) »
Majm
I have already put certificates down on here if you look at all my chats to sue you will see them.

I cannot find Agnes marriage transcription. 

Cheers,  JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Monday 01 September 14 06:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue
No I have copy of frances death certificate it has the girls on it Agnes May and Mary Ann.I don't have agnes death certificate I found her information on ancestry in the death index. I only have her marriage certificate,Her married name is Baker. Her sister Mary Ann married name Long. Can you tell me why in them days they put the mothers last name as in fathers on records. Walter Sherry Mayor of mudgee was a witness on Agnes May marriage and his wife Elizabeth Amy Nelthorpe tese 2 are the ones that took care of the girls after Frances passed away in 1864

I have again checked, I cannot see the marriage certificate transcription anywhere on this thread.  (BAKER=FIRTH #5451 MUDGEE 1882 ) 

ADD
And Mary Ann's marriage certificate should be sought out, as a way of VALIDATING information about her parentage....  I am happy to check BOTH out together  :)   According to the SUBMITTED tree I looked at,  Mary Ann  married John LONG 24 Dec 1881, Gulgong, and Agnes May married William James BAKER 24 May 1882, Mudgee.  BUT I am asking for the exact transcription of the actual certificates,  I want to know what IS and what is NOT included on those certificates.  That way I may be able to help you advance back to earlier generations. 

I have nothing of mary ann - I have agnes marriage cert and her death cert and her mothers death cert

Cheers,  JM

Offline bron63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Monday 01 September 14 06:36 BST (UK) »
I understand what your saying. That photo of the older one you had cut out from a photo of 3 the one that was on the far right was Lillian may agnes daughter the one behind was agnes emilly and the one on the left not sure who is reason being is because there is 19yrs diff between Lillian and her mother .
How do I upload photo on here? I will put all cert up and if you can help it would be appreciated.