Author Topic: Knighton from Liverpool born 1902  (Read 8125 times)

Offline jimrob

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Knighton from Liverpool born 1902
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 30 August 14 19:10 BST (UK) »
The other question that is bothering me is that if Charlotte and James senior were married in 1891, as shown above, why are there no children, apparently, until Eliza about 7 years later ?

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 30 August 14 19:54 BST (UK) »
Carole meant the birth registration was in 1902. The birth certificate would give you the details. You would have to send for that.
It is a puzzle re the delay in births. There could have been deaths or he was at sea or ....
We have used your 1911 information and tried to track back. Lots does fit but unless it is supported with real evidence, it is all suppositions.

Added
William was born 1892, followed by Eliza.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jimrob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 30 August 14 20:25 BST (UK) »
Then for the moment we can assume that William you mentioned was the one referred to earlier above as having died aged 7 months, buried 19 June 1893.

We know the Knighton mother's name from the baptism records of James and his siblings and it clearly shows her to be Charlotte Knighton formerly Charlotte White.

The Aunt's name i
Mary Carpenter is listed as the children's aunt on the 1911 census and she is also shown as godmother to the children on each of their baptism certificates. Her middle name was given on some of those baptisms as being Ellen, she was Mary Ellen Carpenter.

There is a record of a marriage in 1886 between a Mary White and William Carpenter, who I believe is the aunt Mary. I hope the awaited marriage certificate will show the same father as  Mary, Patrick White -- if not then will try to get the James Albert birth certificate if there is one.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 30 August 14 21:49 BST (UK) »
I hope we find something from the certificate!

I don't understand why you think there is no birth certificate for James. There is no James Albert, he may have used that name later for some reason.

That is,of course,  if this is all the family of your James Albert  ???

Offline jimrob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 25 September 14 18:26 BST (UK) »
I have at last received an official copy of the Entry of Marriage for a James Knighton and the former Charlotte White – the possible parents of my father James Albert Knighton, as discussed in the above comments.

The details are: Marriage took place at St. Aidan's Parish, Liverpool, 22 July 1891 between James Knighton aged 21 and Charlotte White aged 22. James was a bachelor and was a mariner, Charlotte was a spinster with no profession given -- [ however, elsewhere, in a census document, she was listed as a Soap Packer] – they were both living at 113 Lamb Street at the time of marriage and James Knighton's father is also a James Knighton, a weaver. Charlotte's father is Alfred White, carpenter. Witnesses were Charles Barber and Caroline Harden

With that information I was hoping to establish a firm link between them and my father James Albert Knighton, but I am not so sure that has been accomplished --  the main reason being that the father of the newly married Charlotte Knighton is given as Alfred White, whereas I seem to recall the father given for Charlotte Knighton's sister, Mary (Maria) was given elsewhere above as Patrick White. Also I would have expected Charlotte's sister Mary to have been a witness – as she was as godmother on every one of Charlotte's children's baptisms.

I know from baptism and other records that I have the right names for James Albert's mother -, I am trying to confirm the name of his mother's father ---- “somebody” named White.

Offline jimrob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 25 September 14 18:30 BST (UK) »
Another reason for doubt is that I was sure that James Albert Knighton's father was also a mariner, (not a weaver) born in Nottingham I believe. Is there solution to this I wonder.

Offline jimrob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 25 September 14 18:44 BST (UK) »
Afterthought: But how likely would it be that there were 2 couples with the exact right names  being married in their district ?  I wonder whether there is a census record of the two sisters when they were children living with their parents ?

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 25 September 14 18:53 BST (UK) »
How frustrating for you jimrob.

The marriage details fit with Charlotte the soap packer though but sadly she is boarding in 1891 so no family there!

Heywood

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 25 September 14 19:01 BST (UK) »
Another reason for doubt is that I was sure that James Albert Knighton's father was also a mariner, (not a weaver) born in Nottingham I believe. Is there solution to this I wonder.

Are you getting confused here between generations?