Author Topic: Adress in Liverpool  (Read 2045 times)

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Adress in Liverpool
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 21 August 14 11:14 BST (UK) »
The Lodge in Gardners Drive was in Newsham Park - the home of William Street, park superintendent. Gardners Drive is a few streets away from Onslow Road
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 21 August 14 11:19 BST (UK) »
re Newsham park

http://list.english-heritage.org.uk/resultsingle.aspx?uid=1001536

"The principal entrance is from Sheil Road to the west, giving access to Gardner's Drive. ..The entrance is set back from Sheil Road with late C19 railings to either side. South of the entrance there is a lodge with a range of stores; built in 1898, this is in Vernacular Revival style, with brickwork and half timbering below steeply pitched tiled roofs."

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 21 August 14 11:46 BST (UK) »
It is the Lodge Gardners Drive, Newsham Park, so is not on Onslow Road, it is just a coincidence that the schedule comes at the end of Onslow Road.

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline holl83

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Address in Liverpool
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 21 August 14 12:24 BST (UK) »
It is the Lodge Gardners Drive, Newsham Park, so is not on Onslow Road, it is just a coincidence that the schedule comes at the end of Onslow Road.

Stan
I'm very intrigued. There is a a lot of sadness surrounding their story. They moved around an awful lot. Several documents suggest The father was a shipping clerk but I also have documents that say he was a coal and exports manager and a merchant. They moved around from kings Lynn up to Scotland (dundee) to New castle to Liverpool and then Hull. its very interesting to me.

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 21 August 14 12:39 BST (UK) »
May we know the name of the person who wrote from "The Lodge" Onslow Road?

The lodge in Gardners Drive, Newsham Park seems too remote from Onslow Road to have that as its address.

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 21 August 14 12:45 BST (UK) »
1901 map here:
http://www.liverpoolhistoryprojects.co.uk/liverpoolaz/np13.htm

Gardners Drive and the entrance to Newsham Park are at bottom left. Onlsow Road begins in the next  square to the right, off Radstock Road

Offline holl83

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 21 August 14 12:57 BST (UK) »
the letter is to Ferdinand c.w Buch (who is staying at the Lodge) from his father Ferdinand Noel Buch. The gruesome details are that Ferdinand Snr died in 1911 in the Hull City asylum from general paralysis certified of 2.5 years. His mother had died in 1907, her death cert says epilepsy as the cause but Ferdinand jrn admission details into a boys home state she died of rhumatic fever.
There seems to be a lot of question marks over this family.
I dint have an address from where his father was at this point just that he regretted that he could not be there and he hoped that god would see him on a rightous path.

Offline holl83

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 21 August 14 13:13 BST (UK) »
The letter reads......

Circumstances prevent my being with you tomorrow on your second birthday, I take this medium to most heartily wish you very many happy returns and praying that it will please god to bless you with good health and to give your mother and myself life and strength to guide you safely to a righteous manhood and thus prepare you to resist unworthy temptation in afterlife. As the youngest branch of this family tree, let us hope that you will always seek and receive good and rounded Counsel from your brother and sisters and that each of you always be a pleasure to each other. When these lines first reach your little innocent hands, their content will be a blank to you . But I most sincerely trust that they at some distant day may reflect pleasant memories. Your affectionate father Noel Buch