Author Topic: The Marriage of John Lower to Sarah Reeds.  (Read 639 times)

Offline Tomscot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
The Marriage of John Lower to Sarah Reeds.
« on: Saturday 23 August 14 16:08 BST (UK) »
 Dear Rootschatters,
                             I have a very sore head, so I hope you will be able to help with the above. John Lower was my grt/x4 Grandfather, he married Sarah Reeds my grt/x4 Grandmother. I the date of the marriage as 9 January 1771 in Afriston Sussex, but I am not sure I have the right date also the Sarah's date of birth/death. Dear. Rootschatters your help in the above would as always be very much appreciated. ???
                                                Kind Regards
                                                                   Tomscot   
Sussex,Prodger,Goldsmith,Woods,Roberts, Pankhurst, Green,Souton,Lamper,Lower,Reeds,Turner,Hover,Bennet,Elliard,Peyt,Potter,West,Jeffrey, English,Seal, Clark,Hill,Salter, Carpenter,Blackman,Ince,Booker,Lacy,Acton,Marten,Cressey,Driver,Sowter,Young,Mitchell. Northumberland,Richardson. Northamptonshire, Lines,Pittom,Ward,Hall.Norfolk,Lake,Barnard,Spinks,Stephens,Griston,Gooch, Olley Holman.London Lake.Somerset, Rendell.Scotland, Muir, Clark,Aitken,

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The Marriage of John Lower to Sarah Reeds.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 August 14 16:20 BST (UK) »
That is the date of marriage on the Sussex Marriage index.

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 August 14 16:25 BST (UK) »
Assuming they stayed in Alfriston there is a burial for a Sarah Lower aged 87 on 15 Jan 1835.  That makes a birth around 1748 but all supposition at the moment and of course we don't know where she was born.

Offline Tomscot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 28 August 14 16:05 BST (UK) »
 Hi Sillgen, Thanks for your help on the above, it was greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
                                                                                                    Tomscot.
Sussex,Prodger,Goldsmith,Woods,Roberts, Pankhurst, Green,Souton,Lamper,Lower,Reeds,Turner,Hover,Bennet,Elliard,Peyt,Potter,West,Jeffrey, English,Seal, Clark,Hill,Salter, Carpenter,Blackman,Ince,Booker,Lacy,Acton,Marten,Cressey,Driver,Sowter,Young,Mitchell. Northumberland,Richardson. Northamptonshire, Lines,Pittom,Ward,Hall.Norfolk,Lake,Barnard,Spinks,Stephens,Griston,Gooch, Olley Holman.London Lake.Somerset, Rendell.Scotland, Muir, Clark,Aitken,