Author Topic: Ann Daley murdered 24th july 1839  (Read 30821 times)

Online ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Daley murdered 24th july 1839
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 20 September 14 13:56 BST (UK) »
What do you know about Sarah's siblings- if she had any?

Do you have copies of the baptism/s from the microfilms that give you any information?

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 21 September 14 00:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Debra
the witnesses are Maria and Samuel Best from Erina both Edward Moulden and Samuel were sawyers so I am presuming that is how they met.Later both families lived at Bellingen.I have all info on Bests and Mouldens but my brick wall is my Sarah is she the child of the murdered mother Anne.I know sometimes you can take the wrong road in ancestry because of lack of information.
.My Sarah could have been sent out later as a free person .The first I knew of her is when she married 1853 and the only birth was 1831 Maitland the other children born to Thomas and anne Daley BDM  are not the same parents I sent for John and Maryanns birth and Mother was Anne Dodd Castlereagh St Sydney.On the marriage Erina it does say Sarah from this parish.They were Roman catholics.
silky
scotland england wales australia new zealand
Mealmaker  Pennington/Peninton May Harris Jones Henry

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 21 September 14 00:30 BST (UK) »
Hi All
I am off to the library tomorrow to look at the death at East Maitland to see if its a child or Anne will let rootschat know my findings.
silky

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 25 September 14 05:19 BST (UK) »
hi all
have found that Mary Kelly ship Houghley was also on trial for the murder of Anne Daley, she must have been the girlfriend of John Mcbride.ship Sophia .John Gorman ship Asia.was hung for the murder.
Thomas and anne Daley were together in 1834 at a place called Illulong later called Morpeth they were witnesses to James Brownlee and Julia Carey wedding Maitland... James came out on ship Mangles with Thomas Daley.1828
silky

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 25 September 14 05:59 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

There were three lasses named Mary KELLY on the Hooghley arriving 1831.   
Mary Kelly CF 9 Oct 1837 was prisoner no. 31/0322; Mary Kelly CF 10 Dec 1839 was prisoner no. 31/0436 and Mary Kelly, CF 29 Dec 1839 was prisoner No. 31/0465. 

Which one of these was the Mary Kelly who you have found also on trial for the murder of Anne Daley, and why do you think she was the girlfriend of John McBride?   

The Thomas DALEY who was transported on the Mangles in 1828 was a married man as per the convict Indents etc.   June 1828 has him as aged 24, born Tyrone, a Roman Catholic, he could read, was a Farm Servant, and he was noted as a married man, but no children.    His crime was stealing hats.  He had been convicted 30 July 1827 at Monaghan, Ireland, arriving Sydney 2 June 1828, and assigned to J B WELLER, Iron Bark Creek NSW.

ADD
Anne DALEY arriving14 June 1832 ex the Southworth (2) aged 27, can read, a Roman Catholic, Married, of County Westmeath, can do all work, plain cook,  tried July 1831 at King’s County for Stealing money, …. Her husband was Michael DALEY, convicted at same time.  I have not found a Certificate of Freedom for this lass.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 25 September 14 06:44 BST (UK) »
Hi
My Anne Daley came out under maiden name Anne Walker I have she was found guilty with husband Thomas both stealing hats 1827.Anne arrived 1829 Edward sent to Patersons plains.Daughter Sarah born 1831 Derwick Grove via Maitland I presume its near Paterson or Morpeth.On records both copies Anne and Thomas are recorded as married to each other.Dont know which Mary Kelly as it doesn't say
Silky

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 25 September 14 06:48 BST (UK) »
Hi
I think she was the girlfriend as there were 2 woman and 2 men in the house and Gorman was the defacto of Anne .I can only presume that .

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 25 September 14 06:52 BST (UK) »
Hi
 NSW entry book 1818 1920 has 3 on trial for murder of Anne Daley Maitland.She was murdered at Paterson.NSW 1838 trove.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 25 September 14 07:17 BST (UK) »
Hi
My Anne Daley came out under maiden name Anne Walker I have she was found guilty with husband Thomas both stealing hats 1827.Anne arrived 1829 Edward sent to Patersons plains.Daughter Sarah born 1831 Derwick Grove via Maitland I presume its near Paterson or Morpeth.On records both copies Anne and Thomas are recorded as married to each other.Dont know which Mary Kelly as it doesn't say
Silky

The Anne Walker ex the Edward in 1829 is noted at the NSW SRO’s index  “Applications to Marry”
James FITZPATRICK ex the A D Charles, aged 34, Life Sentence, on a Ticket of Leave
and
Anne  WALKER, ex the Edward, aged 28, 7 yrs sentence, on a Bond.  Date of Permission 21 Oct 1829, Rev’d J E Keane, Bathurst

Anne WALKER ex the Edward  was issued with a TL (31/757) in the Paterson Plains district, born Tyrone County, a servant, tried Monaghan.
Her CF (341204) was issued 30 September 1834.
http://srwww.records.nsw.gov.au/indexsearch/searchform.aspx?id=68

The FITZPATRICK-WALKER marriage 16 Nov 1829, Kelso or Bathurst NSW, was C of E
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XTCY-W3N
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XTZJ-162

NSW BDM has the 1829 marriage indexed twice. 

Thomas DALEY ex the Mangles was issued with a ToL in 1833.   ??? as per NSW SRO Convict indexes. 

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.