Author Topic: Ann Daley murdered 24th july 1839  (Read 30820 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Daley murdered 24th july 1839
« Reply #99 on: Monday 29 June 15 08:01 BST (UK) »
I may be duplicating information previously noted, if so, I apologise

A Certificate of Freedom was issued 3 Oct 1839 in the name of Anne Daley ex the Southworth 1832

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Monday 29 June 15 09:44 BST (UK) »
hi
ticket of freedom 34/1204 ...30th Sept 1834 prisoners no. 29/102
                                                                 name Anne Walker
                                                                 ship Edward
                                                                  master Gilbert
                                                                 year 1829
                                                                  Native place Tyrone
                                                                  Trade or call Servant
                                                                  Offence Larceny
                                                                 Place of Trial Monahan
                                                                 Date of trial 30th July 1827
                                                                 Sentence 7 yrs
                                                                 Year of Birth 1800
                                                                 Height 5 ft 3 inches
                                                                Complexion Ruddy freckled
                                                                 Hair dark Brown
                                                                 Eyes Brown
                                                                 General Marks Right arm Dislocated
this is my Anne Walker wife of Thomas Daley  Her broken arm was reported when arriving also on her TOL 29th sept 1831....Allowed in the district of Patersons Plains .Thomas Daley was convicted on 30th July 1827 Monahan.Both from the county of Tyrone.               

scotland england wales australia new zealand
Mealmaker  Pennington/Peninton May Harris Jones Henry

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Thursday 08 September 16 07:15 BST (UK) »
Hi All who helped
finally Thomas Daley per Mangles was sent to Norfolk island 1838 spent 2 years there and sent to Port Arthur per Lady Franklin He continued to offend and spent most of his life in gaol spending time at Cockatoo island he finally absconds in 1853  from VDL the year daughter is married in Gosford NSW coincidence ?
I did find a Thomas Daley drowned swimming across a river at Evandale 1853 don't know if it was him.
silky

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Thursday 08 September 16 07:20 BST (UK) »
Well sorted Silky.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Thursday 08 September 16 07:48 BST (UK) »
thank you JM you sent me on another search for Rosa McCormack a witness to Mary Daley found Rose McCormacks TOL she was a convict at Patersons Plains so it looks as though she was a friend to Anne Walker/Daley and Sarah had a sister but nothing has ever been found of what happened to the children after mother was killed .Thomas being sent to Norfolk 1838 looks like Anne took another partner worst luck ....
silky

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Saturday 10 September 16 03:08 BST (UK) »
Hi to Mcloughlan/McCormack  researches
found that John and Rose  married 1827 they are witnesses at baptism of Mary Daley1830 Patersons plains so this child Mary would be sister to my gg grandmother Sarah Daley .It is a fact that Priest would travel down to places where there was no Catholic churches as yet and then transfer them into St Marys baptism book Sydney. ;)
Cannot find anything on Mary Daley maybe fostered after death of mother. silky

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Saturday 10 September 16 04:18 BST (UK) »
I may be duplicating some information, but it is a very long thread, and I think the following is about Rosa, and perhaps best kept together.  (I have a BOWMAN connection from that era).

A transcription of a baptism registered in the parish registers of the St Marys Cathedral, Sydney:

Mary, daughter of Thomas DALY and Ann WALKER baptised 1 May 1830.
Sponsors John McLOUGHLAN and Rosa McCORMICK.

See the Early Church Records of NSW BDM for 1830, at both Volume 127, line 1465 and Volume 128, line 1490.  (likely that one is a transmitted record of the original parish register, as that was a requirement of the NSW governor’s administrative practices of that era). 

Re Rosa McCORMACK….

1827 February
Rose McCORMACK, 23, a Cotton mill washer, arrived 4 Feb 1827 on the Brothers, under a seven year sentence

1828 NSW Census
Rose McCORMICK, 25, Catholic, wife of Jno McLACHLAN, arrived Brothers 1, assigned as  Government Servant, in the household of James BOWMAN, in the district of Patricks Plains.

Rose McCORMACK, Ticket of Leave 29/0827
Allowed to remain in the district of Patricks Plains
Tried at Antrim, arrived per Brothers in 1827.   See reel 912 at NSW State Records.

11 June 1827, marriage by Banns, with consent of the Governor (bride and broom both noted as Prisoners of the Crown).
John McGLOGLIN, bachelor, of Patricks Plains, and Rose McCORMACK, spinster,
Marriage registered at Church Church C of E, Newcastle.  Rev.  G A Middleton.   Witnesses, Denis FLANERY, of Newcastle, Constable and Letitia WARDLE of Newcastle.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/uon/2466468328/in/album-72157605008173551/
That should be a live link to the actual image of the record of that marriage in the parish register.  (entry No. 17)

JM

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Saturday 10 September 16 04:32 BST (UK) »
Hi JM
so its not Patersons Plains but Patrick plains where Rosa was sent.?Well that maybe not our Mary Daley have tried to get a connection between my Daleys and Rosa
silky