Author Topic: Edmund Wear  (Read 4860 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: Edmund Wear
« Reply #18 on: Monday 26 August 19 16:58 BST (UK) »
Hello Sandyjose

Are they the couple in 1861 at RG 9/3266 Fol. 54 Page 13 at Fartown, Huddersfield?
Bradford Road,
Edmond Wear / Edmund Wear, H, Marr, 29, Carter, Birthplace Halifax
Eliza Wear, Wife, Marr, 35, Doncaster
2 Sons.

A search - Fartown Nonconformist - returns significant Nonconformism ...

Huddersfield Exposed
Category: Churches and places of worship
"Purple represents Anglican places of worship, green shows Baptist places of worship, red indicates Wesleyan/Methodist places of worship, and orange represents other places of worship (e.g. Independent, Quaker, Roman Catholic, Swedenborgian, Unitarian, etc) or mortuary chapels."

https://huddersfield.exposed/wiki/Category:Churches_and_places_of_worship

Some Nonconformist (NC) Burials not online are with Chapels their HQ, Land/Building owners, Record Offices, Universities and elsewhere.

Also in Yorkshire about 6 General Cemetery Company cemeteries, first starting about the 1830s.

Many C of E Churchyards were closed from circa 1850s, so Local Burial Boards (some later became Council Cemeteries ) also began in Great Britain.

Marriage Amended
Suggestion online the 1855 WEAR = SHAW Marriage was at a Registry Office and might suggest one or both were not C of E.

Mark

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 26 August 19 23:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help I will investigate your suggestions ans let you know what I find
       Sandyjose

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 27 February 24 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Edmund Wear died July 1876 in Beaumont Street, Hillhouse. Huddersfield. in 1870 St Andrew's Church was built 6 years before Edmund Wear's death 1876 on Leeds road and the end of St Andrew's road Hillhouse Huddersfield.

Beaumont Street is less than a 1/4 mile from St Andrew's church but whether the church had a graveyard is hard to say  as there was enough room around the church for a small burial ground

Found a youtube video of ST Andrew's in link

On the time scale numbers at the bottom of screen reading 3.32/14.41 you see what maybe flatstones through the grass near the church entrance  with maybe  MI's epitaphs, in the grass by a fence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBm544-tn-I
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline sandrastocks54

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 27 February 24 20:52 GMT (UK) »
An Edwin Ward, aged 43, labourer of Bradford Road was buried in the consecrated section of Edgerton Cemetery on 2 August 1876.

I cannot find an Edwin Ward living in Huddersfield, nor is there a death recorded of an Edwin Ward in Huddersfield in 1876.

Edmund Wear died on 30 July 1876 so this could possibly be his burial?

Sandra

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 28 February 24 05:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra

First there are two dates for Edmund's death posted by Sandyjose- one on Rootschat 30 July 1876
and same poster I think on another website 30 August 1876

Sandyjose has a lot of threads on the net -my source of Edmund's info

Having said that a lot your info fits

His age born 1833-died 1876 = aged 43

1861 census says he lived Bradford road in Far-town district

1871 census say he lived in York street (York street use to be adjacent Fitzwilliam street next to Union street just off Bradford road)

He died on Beaumont street on his death certificate 1876 but Beaumont street in them years 1870's run off Bradford road under the viaduct by the old bus depot

Also the fact you can't find Edwin's death 1876

Certainly needs a look at

;)

Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline sandrastocks54

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 28 February 24 09:58 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately if Edmund's burial was recorded incorrectly there will be no proof that this is him.

Edmund's death was announced in the Huddersfield Examiner on 5 August 1876 giving his death as 30th ult., ie 30 July.

The Huddersfield Examiner of 22 Aug 1872 has a report of the prosecution of Edmund Ware, labourer, Bradford Road, in the employ of Messrs. Bentley and Shaw, brewers, of Lockwood.

Edwin Ward is buried in a common grave so there will not be a headstone. 

Sandra

Offline sandrastocks54

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 28 February 24 10:15 GMT (UK) »
If Sandyjose contacts Huddersfield Bereavement Services again they should have further details of the burials in the grave which just may have a different name for Edwin Ward.

The grave is in the consecrated Section 20, grave 153

Sandra

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 28 February 24 12:50 GMT (UK) »
There is another possibility - the address on the death certificate is place at time of death & and not always the deceased home address and apart from a hospital address. Beaumont Street - the address of a person at the death of Edmund could be a son or daughter or anyone caring for - was at the death  of Edmund.

My brother died before I was born age 7 (Fell in a canal lock 1947 ) and his death is not in the GRO index but was in the local register office records - so Edwin' death record maybe the same

So there is no way to prove the name was wrong at burial as you say -hard to prove ::) but a record on here for ancestry researchers of the future -so still worth a posting the possibility Sandra  ;)

Dave

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 28 February 24 13:00 GMT (UK) »
If Sandyjose contacts Huddersfield Bereavement Services again they should have further details of the burials in the grave which just may have a different name for Edwin Ward.

The grave is in the consecrated Section 20, grave 153

Sandra

I think located in Huddersfield (Kirklees MC) local studies library have copies of all  Edgerton cemetery burials