Author Topic: Determining county of origin in Ireland using GRO - Donovan/Sullivan  (Read 7132 times)

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Determining county of origin in Ireland using GRO - Donovan/Sullivan
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 31 August 14 22:05 BST (UK) »
A 1902 Document relating to Patrick Donovan !

Tara

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 31 August 14 22:07 BST (UK) »
Oh Tracey

I am SOOOOOO dissappointed  :'(

You never said that you already had ALL this information !

http://www.irelandxo.com/node/26030

I shall let you get on with the search yourself !

Tara

Offline Bridgets Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 31 August 14 22:39 BST (UK) »
You are just awesome!  I had to take the son for ice cream, so had a brief break but I'm back now.  I have on the birth record that they were on Barrack Street and Patrick was a boot maker.  Previous to that it says in the first column "Uimh 367", second column-Oct. 19, 1866, Barrack Street, Waterford for date of birth, third column Bridget, fourth-female, fifth-Patrick Donovan, Barrack Street, Waterford, sixth-Mary Donovan, formerly Sullivan, seventh-Boot Maker, eighth-Patrick Donovan, Father, Barrack Street, Waterford, ninth-Twenty-sixth Oct, 1866 and tenth-James ??, Registrar.

Offline Bridgets Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 31 August 14 22:41 BST (UK) »
Tara, I had some of it, yes, but no proof or verification.  You have verified that what I did was CORRECT and for that I am so excited and thankful.  You have also given me many other things to look into as well.  I did not know if what I had done was right.

You have been the biggest help of anyone I have ever come across!!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 31 August 14 22:42 BST (UK) »
It would have been nice (and saved us, especially Tara, so much work) if you'd mentioned ALL the information you had in your ORIGINAL post  :-\
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 31 August 14 22:44 BST (UK) »
I haven't found anything else Tracey but enjoy putting together all of your information safe in the knowledge that it is correct.

Good Luck

Tara

Offline Bridgets Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 31 August 14 22:47 BST (UK) »
Aghadowey, I did actually mention most of what I knew in my original post but besides that, I'm not understanding anyone's disappointment here.  I made it clear that Tara has helped IMMENSELY with verifying what I looked up; I could not piece it together to my satisfaction.  I did not want to be barking up the wrong tree and Tara has confirmed what few things I did find AND helped with so much more!  She has found other links and for that I am so excited.  I'm sorry if anyone felt time was wasted but it most certainly proves that I (as a novice) found the right records, which I had not been sure of AT ALL.  Tara has been the best source of knowledge I have ever found!  She has made my day today.

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 31 August 14 23:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Tracey

You are new to this site so please don't get upset.

It's just that no, in your original post you just referred to a familysearch reference to Bridget.

In later posts you referred to a Convent Hill.

At no point did you say that you already had a birth cert, that you were already told on another forum where Bridget was born, that you were given her parent's marriage details, that you were given the family on the 1901 & 1911 Census, that you were given siblings details.

While you may have very good reason for wanting to be sure of this information, we really need to know that you already HAVE leads but are just trying to prove them.

HA I just get upset because I get all carried away and think I'm finding ALL this new stuff for someone and then it's deflating to find that a person already had it.

I hope you understand where myself and Aghadowey are coming from  :)

Tara

Offline Bridgets Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 31 August 14 23:19 BST (UK) »
I didn't intentionally withhold any info, honest!  (I only thought to pull out that birth certificate a bit ago - forgot I had it since I thought it was the WRONG Bridget).  Also, the Convent Hill reference I found as I looked through a bunch of family tree notes I'd filed away right before I told you about it.  I was trying to locate any further info that I could relay to you and came across it.

I guess because I really didn't have the advantage of seeing for myself the actual steps taken to come to those conclusions that were on the other board, I didn't see it as being "real" or verified.  There are just so many Marys, Patricks and Bridgets, etc.  With you, I had the distinct advantage of writing back and forth (we appear to be online at the same time) and I was able to follow along with you and you made sense! :-)  Also, honestly you did give me lots of new info and you have every right to be excited - let me tell you I am beyond THRILLED at what you've found.  I was walking on air!  You showed me the connections whereas I felt the other board didn't and I am forever grateful.