Author Topic: MORGON family of Exeter  (Read 1851 times)

Offline JennWales

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
MORGON family of Exeter
« on: Wednesday 29 June 05 19:04 BST (UK) »
If there is anyone else researching the MORGON surname I'd love to hear from them.
Many thanks
Jenny

Offline GramH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: MORGON family of Exeter
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 July 05 04:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Jenn,
I too have been searching for Morgan/Morgon especially in Topsham circa 1860. My g.grandfather Albert James Morgon was born Topsham 1864. Rumour has it surname Morgan changed to Morgon to distance themselves from relatives. His parents, James Morgan, carrier &  Prudence nee Keys. Any information would be welcomed.
Henderson - born Newburgh, LMS Missionary in British Guyana,  Glass - Frederick St Chapel, Aberdeen, Leslie - Congregational Church London, Rock - Castleblaney Ireland.

Offline JennWales

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 July 05 08:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Graham,
I have been looking for your side of the family for a very long time.  I have absolutely loads of information on the Morgon family and can tell you a great deal about James Morgon and his ancestors as well as descendants. You are one of 64 grandchildren of John Morgon born in 1757 in Exeter !   I'm not sure if you are allowed to put your email address on this site but if you are willing to subscribe to Devon-roots site (its a free one - no cost involved) and put a posting there for me I will be able to give you my email address.
Yuo can always reply direct to me on this site as well and I'll make sure that you are able to get my email address somehow
Jenny

Offline emilysiobhan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 12 July 05 08:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Graham and Jenny,

Welcome to Rootschat. And congratulations on finding connections between your Morgons already.

If you want to exchange e-mail addresses with each other, the best way to do it is via the Personal Message system on Rootschat.

If you click on the green scroll-like symbol on the left hand side of a persons post (underneath their name) a window will come up where you can send a personal message to them. These can only be seen by the sender and recipient so won't advertise your e-mail addresses to the world.

Hope this helps and good luck with your Morgon search.

Best regards,

Emily
Cork: Collins,
Herts/Beds:  Pope,Harwood
Essex:  Bryant, Pumfrey, Williams, Keyes,Totham, Citchen
Surrey/London: Shields, Woolf, Cooper, Quinton, Plumer
other: Cuskern,  Domazsewicz
Wales: Morgan, Mathews, Thomas (x2), Trew, Protheroe, Owen

Census information is Crown copyright

Offline helsbels1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 25 July 20 12:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Jenny

I am a descendant of Thomas Henry Morgon, am I right in thinking we have been in contact in the past?
Tucker, Luton, Newman, Thompson, Gamblin, Davies, Burgess, Wood, Obern, Woburn, Pointing, Lambert, Green, Hawkins, Knight, Ford, Morgon, Morgan, Legg, Shute, Burton, Wollocott, Churley, Ballyman-Slee, Fry, Homewood, Burr, Hoad, Underhill, Apps and Bolton