Author Topic: Can I find payments and trust fund mentioned in a 1900 will?  (Read 2349 times)

Offline JGDavies

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Can I find payments and trust fund mentioned in a 1900 will?
« on: Wednesday 03 September 14 10:37 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I have a will written by retired farmer Richard Hughes in 1887 in Oswestry, Shropshire in which the writer refers to his 'late brother Edward' and putting money in trust for Edward's children until they're 21 or in the case of daughters, married or 21. Richard died in 1900 and the Nation Probate entry gives his estate as £1582 6s 8d.

I've nothing else at all on Edward or his children, is there any chance I might be able to find the payments or the trust set up? I've tried the solicitors where the will was written and deposited to no avail.
Hughes - Llangedwyn, Llanfechain, Llanrhaiadr, Llansilin
Roberts - Llandisilio, Montgomeryshire
Davis - Caterham, Surrey
Mitchell - Windygates, Fife
Hayes - Radcliffe
Edwards - Llanyblodwell

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Can I find payments and trust fund mentioned in a 1900 will?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 September 14 13:01 BST (UK) »
Im not sure what you mean by finding the trust or the payments.

Are Edwards childrens names mentioned in the Will, or is it just a cover-all phrase "the children of my late brother Edward"

Surely if you want to find out about Edward and his children then traditional research will be the way to go. Have you got Richard on censuses as a child? Does he have a brother Edward on those, who you can then trace forward to find marriage, children, and early death? 
If you want help looking then do tell us all you know about the family - when and where was Richard born for starters.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can I find payments and trust fund mentioned in a 1900 will?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 September 14 13:13 BST (UK) »
Really the will itself is the document and (in the absence of anything else) the executor has the responsibility of safeguarding the money and paying it out when the time arrives.

mike