Author Topic: Hexham - The Barron Family - Roman Catholic (part 1)  (Read 42279 times)

Offline diepowell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hexham - The Barron Family - Roman Catholic (part 1)
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 25 July 15 08:33 BST (UK) »
I'm doing the Barron family tree for a friend. I have a Matthew Barron b 1789 Stamfordham d 1867 Stamfordham. He married Mary Robson b 1804 Bywell d 1854 Stamforham. They were married 1827 Morpeth, Northumberland and are buried at St Mary's Church yard Stamforhamhttp Matthews parents were David b 1765 Stamforham d 1832 Stamfordham and Mary usher. Can you help with how they fit in with your Barron's Patrick.
Dianne

Offline Patrick B

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Matthew Barron 1789-1867
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 26 July 15 19:26 BST (UK) »
Hello Dianne

Definitely related.

Matthew Barron 1789-1867, born at Dodley Farm, Stamfordham 4th October 1789, baptised at Cheeseburn Grange RC Chapel, Stamfordham 8th April 1790. Son of David Barron 1753-1834 & Mary his wife.

David Barron Married Mary Usher 14th February 1784, St Mary the Virgin Church, Ovingham.

Matthew was 1st cousin to my gggg grandfather David Barron 1785-1846, son of George Barron 1750-1827.

George Barron 1750-1827 & David Barron 1753-1834 were brothers.

Their parents were David Barron c1714-1796 and his first wife Mary c1722-1769. The headstone for David and Mary can still be seen in St Mary the Virgin Churchyard, Stamfordham, not far from Matthew's grave.

Let me know if I can help further?

Thanks
Patrick

Offline diepowell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 01 August 15 05:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information Patrick, it all make sense now. 👍🏼

Offline Patrick B

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Anthony Forster Barron 1819-1880
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 22 November 15 08:17 GMT (UK) »
   Don't know if anybody has this, some updated info on the above individual.

I recently obtained the birth certificate for his son, Anthony Forster Barron, who was born and died in 1865. The mother turned out to be Agnes Laidler, who was the same Agnes Laidler who was listed as AFB's 'housekeeper', at whose inquest he appeared when she was hit and killed by a tram in May 1866 (see my previous post 3/11/2014). It is possible that Ann Barron age 9, who is listed as AFB's daughter on the 1871 census is also from this union. In total then, the number of AFB's partners and children reads thus:

with Ann Pearson Married 1842
Mary Elizabeth born 1843
David born 1847
George born 1849

with Agnes Laidler
Ann? born 1862
Anthony Forster born 1865

Married Elizabeth Simmons 1878

If anybody is searching for the death of AFB's 1st wife, Ann Barron (nee Pearson), I think it likely to be South (ie: not the North East) before 1878, unless of course AFB bigamously married his 2nd wife Elizabeth Simmons.

Offline jonwood

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 16 March 16 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Patrick. I came across this post only yesterday when doing a random search via google and was gobsmacked and what you and others have found out about our family.

I am a direct descendant of Anthony Forster Barron (1819-1880) who is my GGGF. My GGF was David Pearson Barron (1848 - ?) who moved to London as you had suggested but not sure if this coincided with any large sums of money that appears to have come with John L Crozier - if it did I have found no evidence it came David Pearson Barron's way. David had a housekeeper called Charlotte (Lottie) Elizabeth Fuller and had 3 children John David Barron (1877 - 1950), Arthur Percy Barron (1882 - ?) and Beatrice Maud Barron (1886 -1975) my GM. Beatrice married John Thomas Wood (1867 - 1932) and had 1 child my dad Dennis John Wood (1926 - 2014). My grandparents and parents lived around the Hendon, Marylebone and Kensal Rise areas of London from the 1840 onwards.

My interest in starting the family tree was based around a childhood story my dad told me of when he was on his honeymoon down in Devon. Him and mum where staying in a farmhouse and it was pouring with rain one evening and they decided to stay in for the night and after having been given a meal by the landlady she revealed that she was a palm reader. My dad handed over his dad's signet ring which led her to reveal that my dad had a brother – a bit of a shock as he was an only child. When the honeymoon was over he approached his mother who denied everything, become very upset and told him never to discuss it again with her. Unfortunately despite many years searching I have found no evidence of another child although there is suspicion that John Thomas Wood was previously married to Elizabeth Powell but alas I have no trace of children from that marriage either.

One notable thing I did discover was that John David Barron fought in WWI becoming injured in Belgium he was treated by a local nurse and although John had a wife back in England and had several children with her after the war he left her and set up a new life with the nurse. They moved to Western Australia in 1920 and took several of the children with them but not all. The interesting thing about the nurse was that she was closely related to the Belgium Royal Family by marriage.

Offline Patrick B

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 21 March 16 13:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jon

Great to make contact with you. You'll certainly find lots about Anthony Forster Barron in this forum and more importantly if you need any help all of the info can be verified too.

I found your information about Beatrice Maud Barron and John David Barron absolutely fascinating, there seems no end to the colourful exploits of this family.

I wonder now what happened to Ann Barron (nee:Pearson)? Did she and Anthony split, and she moved south with the family whilst Anthony started again with Agnes Laidler? And what happened to Anthony and Ann's other son, George Barron, born 1849? Certainly interesting.

Thanks
Patrick

Offline johnlancelotcrozier

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 03 April 16 20:49 BST (UK) »
Hello Patrick

Happy New Year - 2016!

Just read the latest involving Anthony Forster Barron - very interesting!

Didn't his wife Ann Pearson spend time - was it 6 months or 1 year - in prison for something which her husband Anthony - who most certainly knew about it and his nephew - John Crozier - who did the stealing - weren't even charged with the theft?  Could we put this down to good old George Barron, John Lancelot Crozier's father and Anthony's brother?  Didn't she also have to spend some of her time in prison doing hard labour?

So when she came out of prison would she stay in the area and would she stay with Anthony FB?  I very much doubt it.  So what did happen to her?

Regards
Ray

Offline Patrick B

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Monday 04 April 16 14:26 BST (UK) »
Hello Ray

All speculation of course. We do know that at least from 1859 Anthony F Barron was living with his mother at her Lodging House at St John's Lane, Newcastle, so the split with his wife Ann must have occurred before then.

I still speculate that your family and that of Anthony F Barron were closer than we know. I don't know if you have this but I found a report in the London Gazette dated 4th October 1859 concerning an Insolvent Debtor hearing against Anthony Forster Barron, paraphrasing it reads:

"...A petition against Anthony Forster Barron of 23 St John's Lane in the Borough and County of Newcastle on Tyne...aforesaid as Manager for one John Lancelot Barrow(sic), of No 5 Clayton Street West aforesaid General Furniture Dealer.."

Cheers
Patrick

Offline johnlancelotcrozier

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Monday 04 April 16 16:53 BST (UK) »
Yes speculation.

Just out of interest from something you said about John Lancelot Barron (Crozier) and the Barron family being closer than we know also that some of them moved South.

John Lancelot got married in Newcastle, August 1859, in a Catholic Church.  The marriage cert is the only time we see him use the name Lancelot and where his father, George Barron is named.  Your article is Oct 1859 just a couple of months after his marriage.  I wonder if he toyed with using his father's name for a while and then perhaps was warned against it.

Something else I find interesting is that when my partner's father died and we were moving various items out of a garage, we found a very large, heavy copper cooking pot, marked with the name of Barron and a shop address being in London.  Investigating a little further, this Barron family owned a hardware shop or shops in London also selling Barron locks.

I'm sorry if I'm being a pest but can you explain the link of Ann Baty 1794 with David Barron 1786, or was there no link.  For some reason I seem to have a relationship between them with children involved.  Am I completely wrong because he was married to Frances Forster 1786 during the time I have listed.  Hope you can put me on the correct road.

Thanks
Ray