Author Topic: German name variants  (Read 876 times)

Offline findum

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
German name variants
« on: Wednesday 17 September 14 10:25 BST (UK) »
I am searching my German roots the surname Honiss,Honess can anyone give advise as to whether the following could have been a variants of the above Hoenessin.Hoeness.
I have been lucky so far as finding family on lds family search but have come to a sticky end with the surname above

Offline carinthiangirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: German name variants
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 08:42 BST (UK) »
I am searching my German roots the surname Honiss,Honess can anyone give advise as to whether the following could have been a variants of the above Hoenessin.Hoeness.
I have been lucky so far as finding family on lds family search but have come to a sticky end with the surname above
only 4 family tree results for Honiss - none in Germany on www.geneanet.org
62 family tree results for Honess - some in England as far back as 1715 in Biddenden ,Kent
http://en.geneanet.org/search/?name=honess&ressource=arbre
only 1 is in Germany ...
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline findum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: German name variants
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 12:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you
Garstonite and Carinthiangirl for your help, with the help from rootschat members from my initial post for  Charles Mayer  in london who had eluded me .I have been able to trace back to 1700 in Stuttgart Germany with family search LDS.Honiss and variants are my next search
With kind regards
Sy