Author Topic: Can anyone find my g grandfather William Brown please - 1861 census if poss  (Read 480 times)

Offline jackie walker

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Hi

Have now managed to get hold of the death certificate for my g grandfather William Brown, died 21st June 1893 age 38 occupation given as cattle drover, my problem is the only other time I can find him is on the 1891 census again living same address with wife Elizabeth and their children, William has given Bishops Castle as his place of birth but have had no luck with his birth certificate - can anyone find him please,  either on a census, birth or marriage to Elizabeth Hodges nee Jones, any help with this brickwall  much appreciated.

Thank you

Jackie

Offline suecad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone find my g grandfather William Brown
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 June 05 15:53 BST (UK) »
what is the address on the 1891 census?
Hartland, Tipton/Dudley,
Mansell,Dudley/Tipton
Cadman, Ainge,Smethwick Summers,Meredith,Price,West bromwich. Collins,HemmingsTipton Dudley,
Dunne,Doyle Ireland

Offline jackie walker

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone find my g grandfather William Brown
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 June 05 16:19 BST (UK) »
Hi

His address on the 1891 was 6 Halls Passage, Castle Foregate, Shrewsbury and  he was living there when he died, think Elizabeth did toonot  long afterwards as my gran Mary Ann Brown (born 1890) and her sister Margaret  (age 3) were in St Clares Covent in Pantasaph in 1900.

Thank you for taking an interest.

Jackie