Author Topic: The Vetter Family  (Read 1148 times)

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The Vetter Family
« Reply #9 on: Friday 26 September 14 23:54 BST (UK) »
Thank you jocose for the information that you were able to give me.  I have been searching for my Great Grandmothers' maiden name for a very long time and thanks to you, I now know what it was.

Also thanks to Jim1 who provided the details of my Grandfathers' Wedding. .

Thank you both. Karolyn

According to his son's marriage cert his full name was Frederick Wilhelm Oscar Vetter and he was not described as deceaced in 1912 at the time of his son's marriage

Marriage
Holy Trinity Upper Tulse Hill Lambeth
31 Jan 1912
Richard Dimitri Alfred Vetter 28 Bachelor Artist St James Parish Kennington SW father Frederick Wilhelm Oscar Vetter gentleman
Louisa Cole 27 Spinster Upper Tulse Hill father James Finlay Cole comedian
witnesses Phillip Easton Verstose?/ Hilda Baxter/ Clarence Smythson/ Constance Smythson
all signed

Oscar & Rosa according to a census had 7 children -3 died 4 were living

there is a tree on a*******y which gives Oscars parents as Gottleib Ludwig August Vetter & Johanne Reineger both b 1821
this tree needs further research.

Suz

I am assuming the details of your Grandfather's wedding was the marriage of Richard Dimitri Alfred Vetter?? Which was provided by me -not Jim1?

Two of the witnesses at the marriage were Clarence Smythson & Constance Smythson . Constance Smythson was Louisa Cole (the bride)'s mother and Clarence Smythson her stepfather
they married Jun qtr 1904 Southwark - Constance Louise C Cole & Clarence O L Smythson
Clarence was a Variety Artiste & Agent
Constance was an actress
Louisa Cole was born Glasgow

hope this helps fill a little more in

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline KarolynM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Vetter Family
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 15 March 18 19:48 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Suz, this information was very helpful
Kind regards, Karolyn.