Author Topic: Which administrative area?  (Read 613 times)

Offline Flouncylicious

• RootsChat Senior
  • Dora Kent Nee Waterfield
    • View Profile
Which administrative area?
« on: Friday 26 September 14 16:06 BST (UK) »
I have a set of marriage banns dated 13th September 1874 from Paris/Old Seine of which I am trying to find the actual marriage. The 'Adresse' is given as 'Dix Moulineaux' and the 'Commune' given as 'Issy'. I took this to mean it was in Issy les Moulineaux (hauts-de-seine). I have searched in the 'Archives & Patrimoine des Hauts-de-Seine' archive and consulted the 'tables décennales de l'état civil' for that period and found nothing, so I am wondering if I am in the right administrative area. Could anyone assist please?

Many thanks in advance  :)
Kent Thompson Gazzard Cunnington Tunmer Sheldrake Miller Waterfield Furneaux Granshaw Priddie Ward Belson Towell Newton

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Which administrative area?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 26 September 14 17:13 BST (UK) »
Marriage banns were published in the residences of both bride and groom - so it's possible the person you've found was resident Issy les Moulineaux at marriage but married elsewhere.

It's also possible for banns to be called but no marriage to take place.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Flouncylicious

• RootsChat Senior
  • Dora Kent Nee Waterfield
    • View Profile
Re: Which administrative area?
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 September 14 17:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks once again Jorose, much appreciated. I think I shall stop looking for the marriage. The marriage not taking place did actually cross my mind as I am pretty sure it was the gentleman's father who you very kindly found for me yesterday (Joseph Marie Theophile Derouet), who married the lady in Guernsey in 1876.
Kent Thompson Gazzard Cunnington Tunmer Sheldrake Miller Waterfield Furneaux Granshaw Priddie Ward Belson Towell Newton