Author Topic: Andrew Fullerton and Mary Rogers and Ann Walker  (Read 6215 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Fullerton and Mary Rogers and Ann Walker
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 05 November 14 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Until the last 40 years or so people in the countryside in Ireland used the townland as their only address and it is very common to find more than one townland with the same name in the same county even. Therefore, you need to know both the townland and the civil parish as well as the county when doing Irish research. If you are looking for vital records (births, marriages, deaths) then you also need the registration district which is almost always based on the old Poor Law Unions. The best site for finding all those details is Sean Ruad's site (be sure to change the default setting from 'exact match' to search for part of a name, etc. if you can't find the place you are looking for.
http://www.thecore.com/seanruad/
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 05 November 14 21:57 GMT (UK) »
... I will endeavour to find as many birth/marriage/death certificates/records (if any) so as I can to find out more info on them all. ...

Not sure where you live/where you've already researched records but Irish certificates (especially death ones) contain little detail (and sometimes most of the information can be found free elsewhere). Have a look here -
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=442233.0
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline heather.b

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 06 November 14 04:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello again.

Thanks so much for you help. I am a bit busy for the next couple of days so will explore all this asap.

I am in Sydney Australia & not very knowledgeable on anything Irish so any help is much appreciated.

Thanks again
Heather
Warr

Offline heather.b

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 06 November 14 04:09 GMT (UK) »
Oh the other families I am searching for are Ann Walkers family John Walker & Margaret Gibson....just in case you needed to know her parents
Warr

Offline majellann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 29 July 17 22:23 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am a Fullerton by marriage in Qld.
Just read your post. I am just starting off to compile a bit of history for my children.
Andrew Fullerton was my husbands Great Great Grandfather. Thomas Fullerton was his Great Grandfather, David Fullerton was his Grandfather.
Thank you for the info. Would like a little bit more info if possible for the ones before Andrew. I am going to Northern Ireland & Scotland next year. Would be nice to stand where they stood so long ago.
Looking forward to a reply
Thank you for your time.
Ann Fullerton

Hi again garstonite  :)
Thanks for the imput...yes you are right with their birthdates...have updated my records accordingly. Andrew Fullerton (b. 1832) died in Queensland Australia in 1899. Ann Fullerton nee Walker died in 1919 & they are buried together in Toowong Cemetery Queensland. I just don't know how to find information on their parents & the rest of the family over in Ireland....there must be someone over there that is wondering what happened to their rello's that emigrated.
Oh well I will keep trying
Thanks again...take care  ;D

Offline heather.b

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 29 July 17 23:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Ann.....so pleased to hear from you  ;D
I am just about to go out to my grandsons footy game but I will be so eager to get home to respond to your reply  :o
Heather
My email address is
(*)
Plus I am on Facebook under my name Heather Brownett
I have attached a quick ancestors report but I have other info & certificates that I will share with you when I get back....I am so excited!!!

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
Warr

Offline majellann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 30 July 17 06:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Heather
Have sent you an email.
Ann

Offline Matt McNabb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 13 May 21 02:11 BST (UK) »
I think the Drumnacross couple of Andrew and Mary Fullerton are different people to Andrew Fullerton & Mary Rogers.  This is because they had a son Andrew for whom several records exist, and is clearly different to the Andrew Fullerton that emigrated to Australia. See https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Fullerton-1492