Author Topic: The "Wright" family tree!  (Read 4673 times)

Offline susanbaker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
The "Wright" family tree!
« on: Sunday 12 June 05 19:12 BST (UK) »

Please can anyone help me find the family of my Great Grandfather Sidney Arthur Wright? :'(  His father Alfred born c1847, mother Harriett Susanna ? born c1850 (Frittenden Kent) , Siblings as follows: Alfred Thomas-c1870, James Ed.-c1873, Sidney-c1876, Alice-c1879, Archie-c1882, Margaret-c1884, Annie-c1886, Nellie-c1890, Florence-c1893, Ida-c1894.

I realise this is quite a list, however, father Alfred was in the Royal Engineers Ordinance Survey and the children were born from Sussex to Cornwall and up to Yorkshire!!
In 1901 census Harriett appears to be listed as widowed and along with her younger children was living at 26 Charles Street Maidstone. I woould dearly love to hear from any remaining family, especially those that may have photos or info on Sidney.  :)

Offline MANOFKENT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: The "Wright" family tree!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 June 05 22:10 BST (UK) »
Hi is this any help.
Ann Wright abt 1812 Coventry, Warwickshire, England Head Widow
St George in the East London tower hamlets
Alfred Wright abt 1849 St George in the East, Middlesex, England Son
Eliza Wright abt 1854 St George in the East, Middlesex, England Daughter
~~~~~~~~--------------------------
Alfred Wright abt 1847 St Georges, Middlesex, England Head Lewannick V, Lewannick, Cornwall, England
Alfred Thos. Wright abt 1871 Brede, Sussex, England Son 
Alice Mary Wright abt 1879 St Newlyn East, Cornwall, England Daughter
Harriet Susanna Wright abt 1850 Frittenden, Kent, England Wife
Herbert Walter Wright abt 1878 St Gerrans, Cornwall, England Son
James Ed. Wright abt 1873 Withyham, Sussex, England Son
Sydney Ash C. Wright abt 1876 St Just in Penwith, Cornwall, England Son
Wright, Ada Beatrice abt 1888 Weymouth, Dorset, England Daughter Lockton Yorkshire
Wright, Alfred abt 1847 St Georges, London, England Head Lockton Yorkshire
Wright, Alice Mary abt 1879 St Newlyn East, Cornwall, England Daughter Lockton Yorkshire
Wright, Annie Mabel abt 1886 Chudleigh, Devon, England Daughter Lockton Yorkshire
Wright, Archie Wilfred abt 1882 Lanceston, Cornwall, England Son Lockton Yorkshire
Wright, Harriet Susanna abt 1850 Frittenden, Kent, England Wife Lockton Yorkshire
Wright, Herbert Walter abt 1878 St Gerrans, Cornwall, England Son Lockton Yorkshire
Wright, Margaret Cowan abt 1884 Dodbrooke, Devon, England Daughter Lockton Yorkshire
Wright, Nellie Mary abt 1890 Pickering, Yorkshire, England Daughter Lockton Yorkshire
Wright, Sidney Arthur abt 1876 St Just in Penwith, Cornwall, England Son Lockton Yorkshire
Hope this is of some help,Regards Manofkent
port,silk,hunt,wright, kent.
holyoak,winkle,patricks,northants
murphy,kent and sussex

Offline susanbaker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 June 05 20:39 BST (UK) »
Please can someone help me solve this side of my family tree??

My Great Grandfather Sidney Arthur Wright, born 1876 in Cornwall, had at least 10 brothers and sisters born between 1870 and 1894 in counties across England as his father Alfred was in the R.E. Ordnance Survey Corps.

Sidney was in the Boer War c1901-1905 in Cape Colony, and in 1901 census his mother Harriet Susanna Wright, born Frittenden c1850, was at 26 Charles St Maidstone( I have a portrait photo with this address on). She had the younger children with her- Alice, Archie, Margaret, Annie, Nellie, Florence, Ida; Her son Herbert Walter born c1878 was in Dartford as a trainee P.C.

I would like info on the Wright family, and especially to hear from any descendants who may be able to fill the gaps, thankyou  :)

Offline Rosaleen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 04 November 05 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am also stuck on the same on the date of death of Alfred Wright, who was also my great grandfather.  I have been able to go back to 1827 - Thomas Wright his father.   Perhaps you may information I need and vice versa.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Rosaleen

Offline Rosaleen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 06 November 05 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Susan

Please get in touch as we have the same problem with the 'Wright' family tree.

Rosaleen

Offline susanbaker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 07 November 05 08:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosaleen
Just picked up your message. At long last another bod researching the Wright family!! Don't know if the following is any help but here goes.
Great Great Grandfather Alfred Wright born St Georges Middx 1847 married Harriet Susannah (Potter) born Frittenden Kent 1850, believed married in London c1870. Children - Alfred Thomas born 1871 Brede Sussex, James Edward? born 1873 Withyham Sussex, Sidney Arthur ( my Great Grandfather ) born 1876 St Just in Penwith Cornwall, Herbert Walter born 1878 St Gerrans Cornwall, Alice Mary born 1879 St Newlyn East Cornwall, Archie Wilfred born 1882 Lanceston Cornwall, Margaret Cowan born 1884  Dodbrooke Devon, Annie Mabel born 1886 Chudleigh Devon, Ada Beatrice born 1888 Weymouth Dorset, Nellie May born 1890 Pickering North Yorkshire.
Best Regards Sue, what rellie are you to the above please.

Offline Rosaleen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 07 November 05 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Susan

My great grandad is Alfred Wright.

I will reply to you fully via e-mail.

Rosaleen

Offline WayneM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 16 November 05 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Susan & Rosaleen

I am completely new to this, just signed up today.  I have an interest in Elizabeth WRIGHT, born abt 1830-35 I am guessing as she was married Feb. 25/1856 to Richard Miller in Longtown England.  In the event you come across an Elizabeth that fits the time frame would you reply or email me at katiekubota@mcsnet.ca.  Thx.

Wayne Morley

Offline Rosaleen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 18 November 05 17:23 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately your Wright family is not the same as ours. 
Rosaleen