Author Topic: John Cox 1804  (Read 2194 times)

Offline martinrocz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Cox 1804
« on: Thursday 02 October 14 15:28 BST (UK) »
Hi...

I am following my great-great Grandfather, I know he was born 1804 witney Oxford-shire... not sure about his parents.
I pick him up in Langstone,  Havant 1841 census, married to Elizabeth Ann
He is also connected to Eagle Breweries Havant & landport where he also owns lot of property
I have also found a William cox, where in 1826 was the founder of Waterloo brewery, this was in the same area... not sure what the connection is ..
My request is to find john cox 1804 parents......and learn more about the connection with the brewery trade??.. did he have any brothers or sisters ??
Any help would be Great

Martin Cox.

Offline NDRFT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: John Cox 1804
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 October 14 08:03 BST (UK) »
Hi
Welcome to Roots Chat, I am sure you will find so much help in here.

Looking at the Parish Records for St Marys' Church, Witney there is a John Cox baptised there on 11 April 1804 s o William and Mary.

There is also a baptism for a Sarah Cox on 15 May 1806 d o William and Mary on 15 May 1806.

I do not see a marriage in Witney for William and Mary and the only likely one if it was in Oxfordshire is in nearby Brize Norton on 11 Dec 1796 between a William Cox and Mary MAJOR - a possibility for investigation?

I do not see a marriage for Sarah nor John so if they happened it does not appear they took place in Witney

I do not see a burial in Witney for any of them

Hope this helps

NDRFT
Robinson - Oxfordshire
Stratford - Gloucestershire,
Waters - Northamptonshire,
Moss - Oxfordshire,
Bint - Berkshire,
Collins / Collings - Buckinghamshire,
Salmon - Warwickshire and Northamptonshire
Stranks - Northamptonshire,
Bull - Oxfordshire /Buckinghamshire,