Author Topic: Query/advice please  (Read 2856 times)

Offline Gardengirl

• I am sorry but my emails are not longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Query/advice please
« on: Thursday 30 June 05 23:48 BST (UK) »
Hi to all,

my most difficult line has been my irish "LEYDEN" family so any help would be really appreciated. I have info (certs & census) back to 1851 in Liverpool, England but then the trail runs cold for Ireland. I last week managed to locate and order my 3x Gt-grandfather's marriage certificate from 1855:

Daniel Charles Leyden (b. 1821 in Ireland), occupation: Accountant. Daniel's father is named as Charles Leyden, occupation: Farmer.

I searched the Griffiths valuation and the Tithe Appoltment and found 2 Charles Leyden's both in Kilrush, Co Clare. 1 lives on Henry St in the town and the other in Ballyurra which I suspect sounds the most likey to be a farmer than the one living in town but this is just my theory not proven.

There is no Charles Leyden in the British 1851 census info that is a farmer or old enough to be Daniel's father so he must be back in Ireland. Daniel is also a lodger in 1851 census for Liverpool so this again makes me think he's in England alone and the family are back in Ireland.

Leyden is quite a rare name with very few in Liverpool in the census and a handful in Ireland mainly in Clare & Sligo so any help or advice where to look next would be most welcomed.

Kind regards Val, Lancashie.