Author Topic: Crown inn Abergele  (Read 4019 times)

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Crown inn Abergele
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 17:05 BST (UK) »
Roger thank you so much for looking for marraige certificate I will order on Friday finger crossed it's her.

Wilcox, I whooped with joy on the newspaper articles, I'm hoping these are my people, strange I know but there were very poor and if the are mine it's meat on the bone rather than names dates on census and certificate, as soon as marraige certificate comes I will be able to say, I will be back on her to let you know

William,  the Davies did live in Jenkins street and Margaret was born there, you have guessed I'm sure that I'm going down Margaret's side to try and find her no wonder she went to Pattagonia, proberbly trying to get away from all the Davies lol..Hope your well.

Thank you all again :)))))

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 19:37 BST (UK) »
I'm fine thanks Val and hope your well?I'm as busy as ever!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 22:39 BST (UK) »
With Edward Roberts being at The Crown Inn in 1871(RG10/5671/33/24) I was hoping to find William as his son to make some sort of possible verifying connection.I have been unable to do that so far.There are also civil marriages in the St Asaph district to Robert Roberts(1877) and John Roberts(1879),but I can't make one of these into a son of Edward either at the moment.

Regards
Roger

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 09 November 14 16:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello, sorry for late reply my husband had a shoulder operation and I was playing Florance Nightingale lol.
I am so happy to report that the marraige certificate is that of my Hannah, the father fits name wise and he is deceased his occupation of Shepherd I have seen before on census.  They got married at Independent chapel Abergele, which I am assuming was there Weslyn beliefs. Could I ask if this building still stands? Maybe my Margaret married there..
Hannah is 21 a house servant at Heudre Bach Abergele, Roger thank you so much, Wilcosx lovin my law breaking family thank you.
I hope Hannah had children need to come forward in time to try this avenue of finding my Margaret Davies.
Never givin up William on her.
Thank you so much for replying.
William through finding William Williams Graces husband today was able to lay flowers through the Etaples web site, and am now in regular contact with the Williams family in Rhyl, you found Grace's wedding certificate , I thank you , you have given me family, although the Davies family were not mentioned in the Williams family bible.
Thank you

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 09 November 14 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Wilcoxon (sorry

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 09 November 14 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Genuki for Abergele gives an Independent Chapel erected in 1842,which might make it Eglwys Crist,Dundonald Avenue(web images available)

http://www.coflein.gov.uk/en/site/7431/details/EGLWYS+CRIST++WELSH+INDEPENDENT+CHAPEL,+DUNDONALD+AVENUE,+ABERGELE%3BCHRISTCHURCH/

Regards
Roger

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 09 November 14 17:45 GMT (UK) »
In searching for Hannah in later censuses,I've found a Hannah Roberts of Maes y Don Llandulas(as per Wilcoxon's article) in 1891,but she is married to a Robert Roberts.

Regards
Roger

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 09 November 14 18:27 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Roger for the Chapel details, oh maybe the Hannah re Wilcoxon is not my Hannah but her father in law is a Robert he is shown as a Carpenter. I'm sure the certificate is my Hannah the Shepard clinched it as I have the further back n the census.
I love this site and the very helpful people on her, Thank you once again.

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 09 November 14 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Without going back through previous threads-what is known of the Margaret Davies you are seeking?

Regards
Roger