Author Topic: Cheney Manor Trading Estate, Swindon, McGraths Plastic Moulders  (Read 587 times)

Offline welsh222tiger

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cheney Manor Trading Estate, Swindon, McGraths Plastic Moulders
« on: Saturday 11 October 14 20:02 BST (UK) »
Can anyone supply any information on a factory called McGraths located at Cheney Manor Road, Cheney Manor Trading Estate, Swindon in the 1950's/60's? They were plastic moulders and I would like to find out the following in particular: Dates factory opened and closed, exact location on the trading estate and reason for closure? I believe they were in business in the period 1958 to 1963 but this is unconfirmed at present. Any other information would be welcome.

Offline Chase23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney Manor Trading Estate, Swindon, McGraths Plastic Moulders
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 February 16 08:11 GMT (UK) »
no dude i didnt find anything related to that but if you are in need of some help related to plastic molding you can contact these people plastic injection moulders in west midlands they might be offer some help i have had some experience with them these guys are good.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney Manor Trading Estate, Swindon, McGraths Plastic Moulders
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 February 16 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried a query to the local Chamber of Commerce in the area? It's sufficiently recent that there may well be people who recall it. Or get a current telephone directory for the area, and ring firms in a similar line of business. Both well worth a try ( I get the feeling you're looking for the history of the firm, rather than seeking to find just any good firm that does that kind of work).
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)