Author Topic: nana's birth mother disappeared in 1901  (Read 51984 times)

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
Re: nana's birth mother disappeared in 1901
« Reply #198 on: Sunday 31 October 21 10:33 GMT (UK) »
See reply 193
Blurry photo but clearly 3 generations with the same nose !

Lottie is the 4th generation. 
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: Monday 01 November 21 10:08 GMT (UK) »
Turi King has just been on radio leicester about her recent work

And answered the question about whether more of us are related to royal family than we think .

Have any Bowes Lyons descendants tested ?
(ADDED  queen elizabeth wife of George 6 later known as queen mother )

Based on facial recognition Elizabeth bowes lyons daughters are highly likely to be related to nana maisies 3 girls b around 1930

3rd Cousins?

guest259648

« Reply #200 on: Monday 01 November 21 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Turi King has just been on radio leicester about her recent work

And answered the question about whether more of us are related to royal family than we think .

Have any Bowes Lyons descendants tested ?
Based on facial recognition Elizabeth bowes lyons daughters are highly likely to be related to nana maisies 3 girls b around 1930

3rd Cousins?

Bowes Lyon??
What 'facial recognition' techniques are you using here, brigidmac?
Be very careful... computer-based systems are HIGHLY UNRELIABLE.

Also I'd recommend never using a computer to adjust a face e.g. to age it, because this distorts the features of the original image.

Be aware, be careful.
D x

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday 02 November 21 08:26 GMT (UK) »
 elizabeth mowes lyons aka Queen mum 

facial recognition techniques im husing are humasn reactions

me use a computer app  LOL ROFL ha ha ha ha

nephews wife going thru treasure /memnory box i made  commented oh my gosh H  age 20 looks like Queen when young
i replied actually it was her sister Hazel FELL nee Jones 1927-1999 who was constantly compared to princess Elizabeth
+ among my photos people have said ..is that the queen
I.ll send you mail i sent to radio leicester with collage O elizabeth Bowes Lyon  /Queen ELizabeth wife of Geoge vI
with daughters
+ my aunts ..I think Sylvia looks like me .

Nephews wife had an uncanny ability to recognise my dad as a teen ( iwouldnt have known it was him ) + see resemblance with her 5 year old son

+ she picked out photos of me + sisters A B C  + my nephew + neice as toddlers and knew was who .

As youd told me its an innate skill I thought she was maybe gifted too

The other human -based technology im hoping to use in future is a certain rootchatter expert
in facial recognition
+ the wonderful rootschatters on the photo recognition + dating forum who give personal opinion about ages and knowledgeable clues about clothes background objects + social history habits

sorry if you had to wait for answer yestrday had some unexpected changes & i nearly missed lunch which effects my functioning abilities

Offline Littlebn20

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: Thursday 04 November 21 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brigid.

On searching the GRO records I have a match for Jessie Smith - Born Swansea 1906

Fathers name Herbert Smith - A professional conjurer and illusionist of 122 Weston Street.
Mothers name - Alice Smith, formerly Bourne
Hope this helps.

Beccy

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: Friday 05 November 21 08:11 GMT (UK) »
thanks beccy i dont think the name Alice has come up before as an alias in any of those news reports

but would have to reread all the 100 year search for nana year topic and all the posts in 
"What happened to the babies "

altrnatively i could contact Richard Tisdale to request his notes on Charlotte Bourne which will be structured and on some kind of file .probably on a chart he is a historian and seasoned producer after all  .he had access to national archive but i dont think he ever sent for Jessie Smith's birth certificate because the radio show was finished by the time I'd confirmed her identity and found descendants
only a 10th of findings were used on the radio series .

address sounds familiar again would need a clever organised person to note all addresses of babies wanted or offered and court case

my Time TRavel detective young assistant has taken time out for college and personal issues ..just when all theses amazing developments are being made + i have eyestrain so am typing blind again

today is comedy asylum
the 1906 arrest went down really well last week and i will do it at face to face workshop on monday as time travellling charlotte  .
there are various videos of her floating around on FB FEELGOOD page  ( in my body + clothes )I.m not sure if my film maker friend posted hers  they had to be private til her project was finishe but it was based in loughborough steam train station }

anyway im rambling ..(.manic phase nearly over ..will people please refrain from copying chunks of what i write because i will look back later +abridge )

TIME TRAVEL GRAN  monologues  will be on these lines :

.".Mrs BENJAMIN if you  please
AND  im a respectable woman AND i'm not dead yet
well not in 1941    whatever year is it now ? Dont tell me when I die Id rather not know ill health
is a worry .

+ these newspapers are objectionable themselves
tainting names and reputations
+ they are always reporting and giving entertainers a bad name

Herbert SMITH + Lottie BOURNE were philanthropists ..saving many a wee babe from workhouse and the young mothers from a life of shame .. mary was ready to jump to the depths of the Mersey 
Many people stood up at the trial ..I read the accounts of the people they aided .

what do judges + jury know about dire circumstances
working ladies need good homes for their babies

as for puritanical Dundee 1906

there is absolutly nothing "objectionable "about the human form in Art ...
 My George was a gentleman and he did NOT  a persecution complex he was persecuted  because of his Jewish origins .
you look at the advert for Pears soap ..1906
is that  "indelicate ."..
the statue of the Thinker  obscene ?
  . fiddlesticks !
 here in 1942...we. are bioad minded
Are you ?

i dont know where scots annie rootschatter has gone
 I used to practise my sketches over phone with her before performances .