Author Topic: Ceppi family in Dublin  (Read 11987 times)

Offline JaneSims

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ceppi family in Dublin
« Reply #45 on: Friday 25 January 19 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello John
This is all getting very interesting!
Serafino and Caroline got married in Notre Dame on 21 August 1886. They are also recorded as having married in their family village in Switzerland on 6 September 1886.
Re Francis/Charles - I have looked again at the civil records and Charles died in 1880. His entry could look like 1890 but the others on that page are all 1880 - and Francis is in our family grave with that date.I also have a record of him at the Metropolitan School of Art that someone else found for me.
He's listed as F Ceppi, aged 22, entered in 1873. In addition to making statues, the company also made picture frames.
The business appears to have started at 12 Castle Street - so that would work - but the dates are a bit confusing. I can't imagine there was another Ceppi in Dublin as we have never heard of one but perhaps this was Charles??? I find the workhouse entry very interesting and will follow that up.
Peter - also very interesting and I will get on to that too.
Thanks for all this!
Jane

Offline JaneSims

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 25 January 19 12:58 GMT (UK) »
Hello again - have just checked civil records and there was indeed a Carlo CERRI, sculptor, who married Mary Lyons in 1846. He is definitely not our man.

Offline kingjohn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 25 January 19 15:22 GMT (UK) »
To Jane,
On second thought I think Charles and Francesco are the same person. I think I misread the date and I wrote 1890 and should have put 1880 (so you are correct). But I still think the P Ceppi is the senior one (and not grand nephew)... John

Offline JaneSims

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 25 January 19 15:38 GMT (UK) »
I think you're right about Peter. I am now trying to find the actual marriage record in Notre Dame of Serafino and Caroline but it's not in the Paris archives. Do you have any idea how I could find it?
Their village in Switzerland is Cabbio, Ticino.
I'm trying to copy the notice to this message but it won't work. Would email be easier?