Author Topic: Casey of Donaghmoyne  (Read 11533 times)

Offline stockton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Casey of Donaghmoyne
« Reply #18 on: Monday 09 August 10 19:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Tracy, it would be lovely if we can find Michael & Bridget { Comiskey } Caseys other children, if Bernard born 1800, was he the first or were thier children before him, was wondering if some one knows about this Bryan Casey of Townsland Tully born 1702, died 1774 age 72 yrs, was hoping this Bryan Casey might lead to Michael Casey, i dont know much about where Bernard was born have more infomation about when Bernard and family came to Glasgow, lots of Casey relations served in the army, my grandad Robert Casey born 1895 joined the Kings Own Scotish Borderes, fought in France, Gallipoli, then back into France for the Somme offensive, would love to know more about Bernard and other Caseys in Ireland, hope we cant talk direct some time, new to this site hope i dont miss any postings.
Derek
Casey,Comaskey,McDade,O'Brien,Dinely, Farrell,
McKay, Sharkey, Phillips, Marren.

Offline stockton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Casey of Donaghmoyne
« Reply #19 on: Monday 09 August 10 20:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Seumas, my  g g grandad is the James Casey you mentioned, as stated above James Married Mary Ann O'Brien, James and Mary certainly did get around, they spent some time in Yorkshire then back to Scotland, then James left Mary Ann and came to my own town Stockton on Tees, its in the North East England, James found work in the Steel mill, Mary must have followed him down and they lived on the river side in old Stockton, James sons worked on ship building, iron works, and dockers, the area they lived in was exactly like the area they left in Glasgow, James & Mary Anns yougest lad Francis Casey is my g grandad, they lived in the same houses as thier parents, from Francis Casey came my grandad Robert Casey 5ft 3" he would be one of those men the German Kaiser would call
Old Contemtables, never knew my grandad Robert he died in 1939 from wounds recieved on the first
day of the battle of the Somme, bullet and shrapnel left leg, he realy suffered no photo of him exists
i would love to know more about the Caseys who lived in ireland and the parts they lived in, all the best Derek Casey
Casey,Comaskey,McDade,O'Brien,Dinely, Farrell,
McKay, Sharkey, Phillips, Marren.