Author Topic: James A Meddings  (Read 7261 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: James A Meddings
« Reply #45 on: Friday 31 October 14 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Stewart CARMICHAEL, aged 77, mother in law to the head of the household (James MORGAN), was living with the family by 1911.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XWCK-FVF

I presume Stewart Easton MORGAN was named Stewart after her maternal Grandmother.   :)

Here's Stewart's Gran, Stewart  in 1891
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KS6T-8NB

And in 1871
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VB5D-M5H

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 31 October 14 11:46 GMT (UK) »
This could be the birth of Elizabeth Carmichael

Eliza Carmichael 29 June 1867 West Calder Parents Robert Carmichael and Stewart Easton. It was common for children to be given their grandmother's maiden names in Scotland.

The birth of Stuart Easton's older brother John is also on family search 29 Aug 1891 (parents married 1 May!)

There is also a baptism for James Llewellyn Morgan in Edinburgh Parish 23 March 1866. Parents John Morgan and Lilias McPherson. Other children for this couple are on Family Search - Edinburgh Parish between 1862 and 1868 and Lilias, Robert and David in West Calder between 1870 and 1874.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline Meg7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Learning to type
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 13 August 16 11:52 BST (UK) »
She was his nurse and they married.  As far as I know the marriage was still valid when she re-married in NZ.  He never married again.  I didn't know she married twice after James.  He certainly was a good looking man.

Meg.

Offline DebNZ

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 13 August 16 21:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Meg. I have sent you a private message. I would love to hear from you.

DebNZ
Collins - Mile End, UK
McKenzie - Scotland, Nova Scotia, Waipu
Isaccs/Leslie - London, UK
Felstead - UK & Australia
Watson - Enfield, Edmonton
Hasler - UK and NZ
Skjoth

Offline Meg7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Learning to type
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 12 November 16 11:06 GMT (UK) »
This is his death detail.  It is the "back of Bourke" Teryawynie Station is on the Talyawalka Creek off the Darling.  I had a quick look on Ancestry and his date of death is given as 29 Oct 1916.  The marriage to Vernon is listed as 16.10.1917 Auckland NZ.  He was my grandfather's brother.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/46066921

Offline DebNZ

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 12 November 16 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I have this.
Collins - Mile End, UK
McKenzie - Scotland, Nova Scotia, Waipu
Isaccs/Leslie - London, UK
Felstead - UK & Australia
Watson - Enfield, Edmonton
Hasler - UK and NZ
Skjoth

Offline Meg7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Learning to type
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 13 November 16 01:54 GMT (UK) »
I just put it up for others.  I was looking on Ancestry for Hannah's branch and saw the notice and the death date.  Trove was re-done awhile back and that is why I added the link.  Great Aunt told me about his death so the family knew about it.  They gave him a proper burial etc. I have still to look for photos.  Have mainly been working on the Westbrook family from Blackwall (London area) to see if I can find the mother while the 87, 84 and David (Andrew Charles) are still with us.  They are all interested.