Author Topic: German land sale puzzle and translation please  (Read 691 times)

Offline fullofsurprises

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
German land sale puzzle and translation please
« on: Saturday 01 November 14 09:41 GMT (UK) »
I have a document of a property sale between Mr A and my GG Grandfather (Mr B). I was told the sale occurred in 1829.  The problem being that my GG Grandfather was born in 1822 (making him 7 years old in 1829).   :-\
I know this Mr B is my GG Grandfather as the signature on the document matches other signatures I have on other documents.
There is, however, another date within the document (1850).
I know that that Mr A built a house on this piece of land in 1835 so I was wondering if the 1829 date relates to the original purchase of the land by Mr A and the 1850 date relates to the sale of the property to my GG Grandfather.  ???
I have posted images of the reference that relates to 1829 and that which relates to 1850.
I am hoping that someone may be able to translate both parts which may clear up the puzzle.

If possible could I please have the german transcription with the translation?

Thanks in advance

fullofsurprises  :)

Offline Peonie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I wish ................!!
    • View Profile
Re: German land sale puzzle and translation please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 November 14 05:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello fullofsurprises,

here is my try. The documents don't  say much.

Geschehen? Landgericht Offenbach den 23. ten August 1829

dem Verkauf des ? Guts zu Sprendlingen bts?  --The sale of the .......(name of the Estate, seems something large) in Sprendlingen

3.  Dem Verkäufer bleibt die Benutzung des ? mit? Haus? bis Ende 1850  zugestanden, wogegen
     er eine Vergütung von einhundert Gulden bezahlt.

3.  The seller has the use of the ??? to the end of 1850 and has to pay 100 Gulden for it.

Do you do research in Sprendlingen? Here might be something interesting:http://www.steine-in-der-dreieich.de/sprendlingerensia/Ortsgeschichte.pdf

Hope this helps, regards Peonie

Offline fullofsurprises

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: German land sale puzzle and translation please
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 November 14 09:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peonie,

Once again you are a gem for your help.  :D :D :D

It took me many years to track down this property but the patience, hours of research and many letters to Germany paid off.   Sadly the estate is no longer there.

Thanks for the link.  This was one of my best research sites which lead me to
http://www.freunde-sprendlingens.de/
which were absolutely fabulous with their help.

Thanks once again.

fullofsurprises