Author Topic: Thomas Vicars,marriage to Ann Neville daughter of Sir Henry Neville, abt 1622  (Read 2807 times)

Offline lasswade

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re Ann Neville,

Can find no official record, but in a couple of online references to Thomas Vicars: one claims he married Ann Neville, daughter of Sir Henry and stepdaughter of Bishop of Chichester, George Carleton. Another says he married Ann, the daughter of George Carleton and step daughter of Sir Henry Neville's widow, also Ann Neville.

So it appears there were two young Anns in the same household, and one of them married Thomas Vicars.

Vicars was appointed vicar of  Cuckfield abt 1622, but the Sussex record Office can't help, neither can the Berkshire Record Office.

Is there another record source that can confirm which Ann it was?

Thanks, Bea.

Offline TERESA denis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Vicars,marriage to Ann Neville daughter of Sir Henry Neville, abt 1622
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 February 15 14:50 GMT (UK) »
Have a look at POYNING FAMILY TREE ON ROOTSWEBB IT WILL HELP YOU. ALSO THE FAMILY
OWN PARMHAM WEST SUSSEX THE POYNING OR POYNINGS LIVED IN POYNING EAST SUSSEX

GOOD LUCK

TERESA

Offline lasswade

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Vicars,marriage to Ann Neville daughter of Sir Henry Neville, abt 1622
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 February 15 08:14 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Teresa, will look at it. Regards from Bea.

Offline lasswade

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 13 February 15 05:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Teresa,

I have looked but can't work it out... can I stretch it by asking for the web address? Perhaps it's the lead I have been after. thank you again, Bea.