Author Topic: McKeaney - Law Families- Lisnaskea look-up please!  (Read 2582 times)

Offline walter.rainey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
McKeaney - Law Families- Lisnaskea look-up please!
« on: Saturday 02 July 05 07:08 BST (UK) »
My Grandmother Marianne (Minnie) McKeaney was born in 1901 in Lisnaskea.  Could someone look up birth records to find information on her parents George (Farmer by trade) and Elizabeth (maiden - Law) please?  She had 3 sisters Elizabeth, Margaret (Peggy) and Rachel, and I believe 2 brothers George and Robert.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McKeaney - Law Families- Lisnaskea look-up please!
« Reply #1 on: Friday 31 October 08 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Sorry there weren't any replies to your post at the time and perhaps you've already found the details you were looking for here but will add a bit just in case you haven't had any luck and check this message again.

To order birth certificate:
http://www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm

Irish birth certificates list date and place of birth, child's name (male/female is no Christian name regitered), sex, name residence and occupation of father (unless child is illegitimate in which case father's name not listed), name of mother (including maiden name if any), name and sometimes address of informant (which can be one of the parents or a person present at birth), date and place of registration.

The 1911 census might help with details of the family. 1911 census asked married woman how many years married, how many children and how many children living which is often helpful in gathering more information.
The 1911 (and 1901) census records for all Ireland will eventually appear online (free) on National Archives, Dublin site. The first one was 1911 Dublin (Dec.2007) and 1911 Antrim, Down & Kerry are now re-scheduled for Dec.2009. Their website lists the order the counties are going to be added under Future plans.
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/about/futureplans.html
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline TF13

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Emain Macha
    • View Profile
Re: McKeaney - Law Families- Lisnaskea look-up please!
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 November 08 11:45 GMT (UK) »
hi, i see you haven't been on this site since 2005 so you'll probably not see this but i'll post it anyway;

george mckeany married elizabeth law, lisnaskea chuch of ireland, 11-nov-1896, aghalurcher parish,lisnaskea.

the 1901 census has george and elizabeth mckeaney in killypaddy townland,aghalurcher parish. also a margaret jane mckeaney,aged 2,at the same place.

the letter e seems to be dropped and added in for the surname,depending were you look, so this wouldnt help with you looking for information.

tony