Author Topic: Completed with Thanks - Patrick Punch born ?1845  (Read 1797 times)

Offline suzee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Completed with Thanks - Patrick Punch born ?1845
« on: Sunday 09 November 14 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello I am searching for birth/christening information for Patrick Punch - parents Mathew Punch and Mary Greenway. Seamen records and death certificate in NSW Australia indicate he was born in 1845 in Cork. His siblings were all born in the 1820s and early 1830s and they were born in the Ringaskiddy area and his parents also were around Castletown and Barnahely area.
I have searched Familysearch, RootsIreland and Irish genealogy without success. Any help greatly appreciated.
Suzee
BAILEY: Eng. & Aust; MURPHY: Ire & Aust; McDONALD: Sct & Aust; McMAHON: Mon Ire & Aust; BERRY: Ire & Aust; McCRONE/McCROHAN: Ire, Eng & Aust; PUNCH: Cork Ire & Aust & NZ; GREENWAY: Ire; RENNIE: Stirling Sct, Quebec Canada & Aust & NZ; JANZ: Ger & Aust; HYDE: Ire & Aust; HINCHEY: Dub Ire & Aust; GEAGHAN: Galway Ire & Aust; GOUDIE: Shet Is, Sct & Aust & NZ;

Offline ftcorkmdb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Punch born ?1845
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 November 14 02:53 GMT (UK) »
I have Patrick Punch's baptism (12 Apr 1841) in my database of five parishes south of Cork City.  His parents, Matthew Punch & Mary Green(a)way lived in Barnahely parish at the time.  Godparents are John Riordan and Eliza Greenway.  I do not have Thomas's baptism, but I do have those of two other children of John Green(a)way Punch and Mary Hinchey, Clara and Edwin.  If you have Excel, I can put them into an Excel sheet and e-mail it to you.  But I think you have to send me a 'PM' for us to send each other our e-mail addresses.  Have you corresponded with Garrett Presage and or a Carmody lady about Punches in Australia?  Frank Thompson/NYC

Offline suzee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 November 14 08:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Frank - that would be great to get the excel spreadsheet - interesting that my information for Patrick is out by about 4 years. I have been in contact with Garret and also Ms Carmody however they do not have the information I need. I noticed that you put an "a" in Greenway - is that how it is spelt in the records? Interesting that one of the sponsors is an Eliza Greenway - I wonder if she is an aunt (Mary's sister)? Off topic for Patrick but do you have Greenway entries in your database?
Many thanks & will send PM
Suzee
BAILEY: Eng. & Aust; MURPHY: Ire & Aust; McDONALD: Sct & Aust; McMAHON: Mon Ire & Aust; BERRY: Ire & Aust; McCRONE/McCROHAN: Ire, Eng & Aust; PUNCH: Cork Ire & Aust & NZ; GREENWAY: Ire; RENNIE: Stirling Sct, Quebec Canada & Aust & NZ; JANZ: Ger & Aust; HYDE: Ire & Aust; HINCHEY: Dub Ire & Aust; GEAGHAN: Galway Ire & Aust; GOUDIE: Shet Is, Sct & Aust & NZ;

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline suzee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 10 November 14 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi dathai - thank you for those links - The Mathew you found is Patrick's father and  the James mentioned is Patrick's brother. James also left Ireland at some point as he was sailing in Australian waters in the 1870s as he was master of the brig Argus. The Patrick you found on the Morayshire is not this Patrick as the Patrick I inquired about died in Australia in 1894 - he was also a mariner. 

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile