Author Topic: Swedish brick wall  (Read 2087 times)

Offline harrydog

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Swedish brick wall
« on: Tuesday 11 November 14 15:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello and apologies if this question has been done to death, I have searched on here,findmypast and ancestry, naturalisation records, alien arrivals etc to no avail.  I am trying to trace the birthplace and parents of Aaron Jacobson who married an Ann/Annie Lawson in Newcastle upon Tyne in 1876, the certificate shows he was 25yrs old at the time making him born 1851 and a mariner, his fathers name was given as Jacob Jacobson, a pilot.  Surname changes to Jackson as couldnt find anything more on them as Jacobson. 1891 census family in south shields Aaron not on, maybe at sea?, 1901 census Aaron on as shipyard labourer, birthplace Sweden(British subject) , 1911 census Aaron is a seaman and lumper, birthplace states Sweden resident, its all a bit confusing to me, any help gratefully received and will prove my sister right who has always sworn we had Swedish ancestors. The children all fit further down the line on censuses etc, of course I could have gotten it all totally wrong. :(

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Swedish brick wall
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 November 14 18:14 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Harrydog and welcome to Rootschat ...
would you happen to know of the names of Aarons children ?
www.familysearch.org
aaron jacobsen
births
1850 - 1852
sweden
father Jacob
the only result showing is a birth and a death - just says Jacobsen ,but it gives parents as Jacob Jacobsen and Maria Brita Goransdr - I am wondering if the female names of Maria or Brita were used by Aaron for any of his daughters ??
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:V75S-V6G
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline harrydog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 November 14 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello and thanks for quick response, Aaron and Annie Jackson as they are now had these children  Aaron,Benjamin,Christine,Henry, clip of his signature makes me think he didnt know whether to use Jackson or Jacobson

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 12 November 14 22:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi harrydog
I have looked in some Swedish databases looking for Aaron's father but without any luck. It would be nice though to have his mother's name.
I have though found Aron's wife and first child in the 1881 census under Jacobson.

Ian

Offline harrydog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 13 November 14 17:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ian
thanks for taking the time to try and help me, I think/hope? the Aaron you have found is quite different to the one I had been following, he was married in Newcastle in 1876 and then seems to go to Jackson before first child then in South Shields Christine 1882, my family knew of some of the names of the children and that Annie/Ann Lawson was the name to look for in the marriage
thanks again

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 13 November 14 18:30 GMT (UK) »
If I understand right according to the censuses you have then John E was born first in North Shields and then Christine. In the 1881 census Ann and John E are alone.

Ian

Offline harrydog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 13 November 14 20:17 GMT (UK) »
Haha I cant find that one but 1891 she is still on her own with John E,Christina,Aaron,William, then 1901 Aaron senior is back, two more kids Benjamin and Harry/Henry, John E is gone, then 1911 just |Benjamin, Aaron jr and Henry left with Annie and Aaron snr, thanks for your time

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 13 November 14 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Here is the source:

Ancestry: Source Citation: Class: RG11; Piece: 5074; Folio: 51; Page: 21; GSU roll: 1342225.
FamilySearch: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XQCG-DRV

Does the marriage certificate state if his father is deceased?

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 14 November 14 10:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi again

Do you have a birth date, I mean, month and day.

Ian