Author Topic: Swedish brick wall  (Read 2086 times)

Offline harrydog

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Swedish brick wall
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 November 14 17:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello, thanks again I hadnt seen that one, interesting they must have changed surname after 1881 then, I do not have birth date for Aaron, I just guessed from marriage cert and Father was stated as Jacob,pilot, did not say deceased
cheers

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 15 November 14 12:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I took a wee look in the Swedish Books looking for possible matches for your Aaron and found this (an interesting find):

Aron Jacobsson in Havstenssund, Tanum, Sweden. He was born 13 April 1850 to Jacob Hansson and Stina (Christina) Thormosdotter. He had a brother Hans Edvard born 1839 and a sister Lena Katrina born 1835.

The records show that Jacob was a tenant farmer in some of the records. He could have been a harbour pilot I suppose sometime as they lived on the coast, but Aron was a sailor. Jacob died in 1868.

The interesting part of this Aron is that he was recorded as "missing" around 1880. Because he was a sailor he was always recorded as living at his residence even if he wasn't present at the time of the "census". Then, when he hadn't returned after a while the minister would record him as missing. This Aron never returned to Tanum which might have meant that he jumped ship somewhere.

Explanation of the missing persons books in Sweden:
http://www.arkivdigital.net/swedish-genealogy/non-existing-persons-book

Ian

Offline harrydog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 15 November 14 18:17 GMT (UK) »
Well thanks a lot, that certainly is interesting about him going missing, wouldnt it be nice if he was the one!
cheers

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 15 November 14 18:40 GMT (UK) »
If you can find Aaron's birth date then we'll know. It might be on his death certificate. There is a death of an Aaron Jackson in South Shields in 1914.

Ian

Offline harrydog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 16 November 14 17:58 GMT (UK) »
I Had put in 1914 for his death, looks like I will have to send for that cert now, I appreciate your help
cheers