Author Topic: Thomas Edward Burch Witney Oxfordshire  (Read 2665 times)

Offline jananne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Edward Burch Witney Oxfordshire
« on: Thursday 13 November 14 07:57 GMT (UK) »
Can any one help   look up  Thomas Edward Burch b 1797   Witney  m Claudine Phoebe  Libbis   St Bartholomews Church  Heighham Norfolk 1824   need  Thomas Edwards parents and his siblings  records ,I  have his marriage and his children all were b in  Gorlston Sulfolk details   a son Edward John b 1847  d 1914  Gisborne NZ    m  1867  Harriet  Elizabeth Youds b 1846 Houghton Green   Lancaster d 1906   Gisborne NZ   both   my g grandparents came to NZ  1874.   Harriets father  Daniel Youds b 1815 St Helens  his father Daniel  Youds of Hardshaw b 1781 Halton Cheshshire .

just filling in part of the family making it easier to fill in Thomas Edward  Burch for his records  or where i can ind   not on IGI  family .

Any help appreciated .

Offline simonp17

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Edward Burch Witney Oxfordshire
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 November 14 15:04 GMT (UK) »
Using the Oxfordshire Family History Society Search Suite, there is a baptism in Witney for a Thomas BIRCH on 13 April 1798, the son of Thomas and Esther. However...

The only other BIRCH/ BURCH record I could find in Witney around that time was the baptism of Maria BIRCH on 26 November 1800, the daughter of John and Esther. I could not find a marriage anywhere in Oxfordshire for a Thomas (or a John) BIRCH/ BURCH to an Esther.

I fear this is not as hopeful as you would have liked.

Offline Galium

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 November 14 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Given that Thomas married in Norfolk, and the family later lived in Suffolk, you might consider this marriage:
14 May 1789
at Woodbridge, Suffolk
Thomas Burch and Esther Cross
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jananne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 November 14 00:55 GMT (UK) »
This may be helpful  it looks  a promising lead to the family . Thomas Edward Burch b 1897   98 was a school teacher also a tea dealer probably later.
, a  little more information to add to profile .      . 2 of his sons James and Thomas Libbis were both sea captains ,Thomas Libbis Burch taking the first shipment of wool from Gisborne NZ to England an other son John Edward m Harriet Youds  this family bcame to NZ on the ship Cartvale 1874   spelt as Bivch on the ships passengers list  are   my connection ggrandparents .
Thomas Edward is the one i need .

Thanks  i will have to research the link