Author Topic: Link: Brothertoft, St Gilberts churchyard Memorial Inscriptions  (Read 1864 times)

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Link: Brothertoft, St Gilberts churchyard Memorial Inscriptions
« on: Friday 14 November 14 22:39 GMT (UK) »
All remaining gravestones at Brothertoft Churchyard are online at Find A Grave website, or via Ancestry. I personally photographed these pictures and put them online as a free resource.

Brothertoft church was not a parish church but a chapel of ease to Kirton Parish until 1922. The chapels registers date back to the 1680s.

More information can be supplied if interested.

Offline pamthomas

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Brothertoft, St Gilberts churchyard MI
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 November 14 01:04 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for all your hard work An65. Lots of details there in addition to the photos. You wouldn't think there would be so many headstones in such a small churchyard.

I haven't found any direct relatives, but there's a sister of a great-aunt who married into the family, plus a couple of names I've made a note of 'just in case'.  :)

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Brothertoft, St Gilberts churchyard MI
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 November 14 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for all your hard work An65. Lots of details there in addition to the photos. You wouldn't think there would be so many headstones in such a small churchyard.

I haven't found any direct relatives, but there's a sister of a great-aunt who married into the family, plus a couple of names I've made a note of 'just in case'.  :)

I was able to give additional information regarding family relationships thanks in part to Lincs to the Past, Ancestry, and local knowledge, as well as location of graves on existing gravestones from earlier generations. I looked into the villages history and it has a very colourful one for such a small place, so its been a very interesting ride.