Author Topic: Upper Heyford Parish Registers - Bateman  (Read 2242 times)

Offline Nanna5

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Upper Heyford Parish Registers - Bateman
« on: Sunday 16 November 14 02:52 GMT (UK) »
Hoping to find verification of the baptism of Elizabeth Bateman d of Thomas Bateman and Sarah nee Brock circa 1833. Also baptism of Thomas Bateman s of Thomas and Sarah circa 1835. Also looking for verification that Thomas (Jnr) died circa 1839.
Thanks heaps.  :)

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
Re: Upper Heyford Parish Registers - Bateman
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 November 14 10:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nanna5, and welcome to Oxfordshire :)

I don't know if you've come across www.freebmd.org.uk before, but it's showing a death registration for Thomas BATEMAN in the Bicester district, December quarter of 1839, volume 16, page 25. 

Bicester (pronounced Bister) included Upper Heyford until 1937 so this could well be your man.  You'd need to buy the death certificate from GRO to make sure, unless someone on here looks up the parish burial record for you.  Unfortunately, I don't have that cd in my collection.

Hope this helps,
Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline simonp17

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 November 14 14:27 GMT (UK) »
From the Oxfordshire Family History Society parish register transcripts for Upper Heyford:

Ann Elizabeth BATEMAN baptised 3 February 1833, daughter of Thomas, a labourer, and Sarah.

Thomas BATEMAN baptised 17 May 1835, son of Thomas, a labourer, and Sarah.

Thomas BATEMAN, aged 4 years, buried 8 October 1839.

Happy to help!

Offline Nanna5

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 November 14 07:47 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks Carol and Simon, that verifies the information I have to hand. Now need to try and discover what happened to Ann Elizabeth after 1851. She seems to disappear or perhaps married which has been difficult to track down. She is also listed in the census for 1851 as Elizabeth not Ann which just tends to complicate matters further!!  ???
Thanks again for your help.