Author Topic: Taylor family conneticut 1850  (Read 2328 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Taylor family conneticut 1850
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 26 November 14 06:14 GMT (UK) »
A William of correct age and a Charles although out in age living with Kelsey family in 1860...
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MHRQ-TGD

So that entry of birthplace as Ireland in 1850 may have been an error... if this turns out to be the same family.

adding find-a grave has Charles and also a William who died 1870..says son of Warren
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=taylor&GSiman=1&GScid=2146637&GRid=110398203&
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 27 November 14 05:48 GMT (UK) »
J.J.
     To try to answer your queries.
   It is the Born Ireland for Warren Taylor in the 1850 census that is crucial for him to be a member of the Taylor family in Ireland that I am researching.
   From what you are finding it is beginning to look as if this might have been an arror.
  For the Warren Taylor and Julia to also have a son Charles and a Henry Just seems to be too much of a coincidence.
   This is the original entry from Ancestry. It seems clear enough about them all being b Ireland. The Sailor is actualy against Sarah A 's name.  There appears as if there were numerous Sailors on that page.

http://interactive.ancestry.com/8054/4181026-00634/18214334?backurl=http%3a%2f%2fsearch.ancestry.com%2fcgi-bin%2fsse.dll%3findiv%3d1%26db%3d1850usfedcenancestry%26rank%3d1%26new%3d1%26MSAV%3d1%26msT%3d1%26gss%3dangs-d%26gsfn%3dWarren%26gsln%3dTaylor%26msbdy%3d1815%26msbpn__ftp%3dIreland%26uidh%3d1s3%26pcat%3d35%26fh%3d0%26h%3d18214334%26recoff%3d%26ml_rpos%3d1&ssrc=&backlabel=ReturnRecord

This particular family of Taylors at Aird , Antrim, Nth ireland are my ancestral family and I have spent the past 20 years trying to rebuild all the members of that family. This Warren with a birth  date of 1815, fitted as being the youngest son of a Warren Taylor that I have recorded.  This particular family utilised the Billy Church which does not have any surviving baptism records for that period, so I have no proof that there IS a son Warren b 1815.
   I was hoping that I might be able to follow this Warren in Conneticut until he may have given his parents names in later census or at a death.

The Warren Taylor and Julia do not appear in the 1850 census but they do appear in the 1860 census in a long list of names.
\Warren Taylor   43
Julia Taylor   34
Henry Taylor   16
   All born Conneticut
   The original image is so faint that I am unable to find their names in it. Also Ancestry have a repeat of p 44 and 45 which have the same names, so one image could be missing.

Wyanga
Ireland: Taylor, Clark, Doyle, Pollock,Boyle
England: Toogood, Long, Ford, Lander, King, Dye,Copeman, Heness, Gardner, Robertson, Cameron, Sherwen, Bell 
Scotland: Campbell, McNaughtan, McKellar

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 27 November 14 08:37 GMT (UK) »
Yes, genealiza had pointed to that census, that's what made me look for Julia.  As I'd linked to earlier Julia only just married him in 1853, so Sarah from the census may have died after the 1950 census, although I never found a death for her that fit the dates...  don't know if any of the children actually belonged to Julia.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 27 November 14 20:58 GMT (UK) »
J.J.
      It seems as if the link that I gave you for the 1850 census on Ancestry does not work.
  Also the link that you gave for findagrave does not appear to work either.

The census collector in the 1850 has just used  "  from an earlier Born Ireland  entry so perhaps he has made an error.
    But then there was the Kate Taylor entry b Ireland
quote : Death daughter Katie also on there 1887
    Did this entry also give Warren Taylor as father and did it give b Conneticut  ?? 
    If it did you will have found the deaths for 3 of the children named in the 1850 census, or at least the same names as they appeared in the census.
    This would certainly be too much of a coincidence for there to be two Warren Taylors in Middlesex Conneticut with three children with the same names.
  Wyanga
England: Toogood, Long, Ford, Lander, King, Dye,Copeman, Heness, Gardner, Robertson, Cameron, Sherwen, Bell 

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 27 November 14 21:40 GMT (UK) »
J.J.
      It seems as if the link that I gave you for the 1850 census on Ancestry does not work.
  Also the link that you gave for findagrave does not appear to work either.

The Ancestry link you gave certainly doesn't work if you do not have a subscription for the site but the Find A Grave link that J.J. posted works fine for me.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 27 November 14 22:51 GMT (UK) »
aghadowey,
                  Thank you for that. The problem is with my browser. I have been able to get into the findagrave site and it seems that the William, Charles, Julia and Warren are all named on the same monument.
   The Kate Taylor d 1887 has been given other parents.
 This still begs the question
   Was the Warren Taylor b 1815 with spouse Sarah A, and children William G, Henry, Catherine and Charles in the 1850 census the same person as the Warren Taylor with spouse Julia and sons William and Charles
 Wyanga

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 28 November 14 01:03 GMT (UK) »
J.J.
       With reference to findagrave, I have found that the Kate Taylor that died 1887, was the daughter of Henry T Taylor d 1893 and Mary E Miller Taylor.
       This Henry T Taylor is no doubt the Henry T Taylor that is linked to Warren Taylor and Julia in the 1860 census .
      We now have three of the children's names from 1850 deffinately linked to Warren Taylor and Julia Gladwin. William, Charles and Henry.
      I think that I must concede that there must have been an error in the 1850 census and that the Warren Taylors are one and the same.
     This would mean that there is no Warren Taylor born Ireland 1815, since there are numerous records indicating that Warren Taylor with Julia was born in Conneticut.
     Have you come to the same conclusion ?
  Wyanga

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 28 November 14 01:38 GMT (UK) »
I thought I had worded it properly that Katie was the daughter of Henry. Sorry if I was not clear.
...and the children are not necessarily linked to Julia as she and Warren are only married after the 1850 census where they cannot be found together, nor with children...

The answer as to my opinion is in my tagline  ::)  in other words, I just find stuff...  :D  J.J.

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 28 November 14 02:19 GMT (UK) »
J.J.
     Well you certainly do a good job at finding stuff.
  By being linked, I mean that William and Charles are named on the same memorial as Warren and Julia and Henry T was named in census with Warren and Julia. Granted that they may not be children of Julia's, they are certainly associated with that family.
    I think that I have to forego any chance of linking this Warren Taylor to my Taylor family in Ireland .
   Thank you for the time that you have spent on researching this Taylor family in Conneticut for me. It is very much appreciated.
    My next query will most likely be much more difficult, but it will be a new thread.
  Wyanga