Author Topic: Italian Research  (Read 106302 times)

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ITALIAN RESEARCH
« Reply #81 on: Sunday 17 April 16 07:34 BST (UK) »
trevthecat,
No problem.  Have written for the records. Her BC will show her parents and the address where she was born.  The MC will also show the parents of both and their professions and addresses.  Or should do.
Might take time.

Steve
Boaler/Bowler/Boler - UK/Canada/USA/Australia
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
Kapatofsky - Russia/Uk/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline trevthecat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Sunday 17 April 16 11:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you Steve.  Really appreciate your help.

Will be interesting to see what records you can access in that area.  The FamilySearch records seem to be a bit patchy in that region.

Regards
trev

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Monday 18 April 16 13:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Trev,
Speed of lightening, never happened before, got both certificates this morning!!

The BC of Maria states born 17/03/1890 at Possagno, Treviso and parents were Francesco Canova and Margherita Perizzolo.  No other info other than the register number.
The MC of Antonio Rostirolo and Maria Canova states the date "05/01/1914" and not 13/11/1913 as that does not exist.  The MC gives their names, place and date of Birth.  There are no parents names mentioned unfortunately.

If you like the original documents, which are self explanatary send me a PM with your e-mail and I will send them to you.

Out of curiosity I trawled the web and found the following and think it might be the family of Antonio or you may have this info:-

Francesco Rostirolla (no dates)  &  Angelina Cunai (no dates)  married (no date)
children:  Angelo (no date); Benedict (no date); Francesco 1877-1953; Luigi 1880-1959 and Antonio 1889-

Steve   
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline trevthecat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday 19 April 16 07:01 BST (UK) »
Steve,

Thank you and also for the extra information.  Not sure where that Francesco fits in.  Apparently Rostirolla is a very common name in that area.  I will PM you as I do like to see original documents if I can.

trev

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday 19 April 16 07:53 BST (UK) »
Trev,
Got your PM message.  Send me one now with your e-mail and then I will send the documents.

Steve
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline hevside

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday 27 April 16 07:26 BST (UK) »
Hello
I Am looking for the birth of Matilda Capocci who was born about 1915. I believe she may have arrived in UK during WW2 from Italy and she married here in 1942 and stayed.
Thanks

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday 27 April 16 12:41 BST (UK) »
Hi hevside,
Thats a real needle in a haystack and not possible without further info.  I.e. place of Birth at least.
There are very few Italian Records on line and you have to the local register offices or Church records, depending on date.
It is not possible to check a name with a date here as there is no central register as in the UK.
If you can provide me with some more info I will be happy to help you.
As a matter of interest I checked the London Aliens Register at the  National Archives and no result.  All aliens were required by law to register with the police and they are a good source of info.  Again unfortunately nearly all were destroyed during the bombing in WW2.  In this respect if she lived outside London there is a slight possibility a record may have survived.  I was lucky sometime ago looking for someone in Salford,Lancashire.  The records had been destroyed, but in an old police station closed they found  register.  So it is possible sometimes.
Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Steve
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline schio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday 31 May 16 03:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve, greetings from Australia. My relatives lived in Tarquinia, Lazio.  I have been to the Commune di Tarquinia twice but they have not been helpful, probably because of the language barrier (although I did have help from a local).  I have been looking for any information on my great grandparents Nicola Di Bartolomei and his wife Maria Romani. To find a marriage would be heaven and possibly disclose their parents.
Nicola Di Bartolomei was a peasant who worked and traded in grain and cattle, he died with debts.

I know Maria died during ww2 either in Tarquinia or Santa Marinella, may have been 80 when she died - so born in 1870

Their first child (Margherita Di Bartolomei was born in Tarquinia in 1894 - my grandmother - she died in Geelong Australia) so I assume Nicola and Maria married in about 1894. Any help would be so appreciated.  I live in hope that one day I can find a lead.  Thanks Schio

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday 31 May 16 07:26 BST (UK) »
Hi schio,
Yes they can be a bit awkard here sometimes.   I have had problems getting documents for people and never get a reply.
I'll write an e-mail to the comune and see what happens.

Steve
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
La Camera - Italy