Author Topic: Henry Tizzard - Bath  (Read 2476 times)

Offline wwykes24

• RootsChat Senior
  • Never say Never
    • View Profile
Henry Tizzard - Bath
« on: Saturday 02 July 05 15:54 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me? I am looking for any information concerning my great great grandfather Henry Tizzard.  He was born in Bath about 1831, married Ann Cooper in 1861.  They lived at several addresses in Bath - 7 Harley Street, 53 New King Street, 7 Comfortable Place and 6 Caroline Place. Henry died in 1878.  Many thanks
Atkinson, Bailess, Bills, Brecknell, Goadby, Hill, Horspool, Johnson, Jones, Riggs, Sanders, Smith, Tizzard

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Tizzard - Bath
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 July 05 21:20 BST (UK) »
Hi wwikes24 A big welcome to Rootschat. Hope we can help. Perhaps if you could let us know what sort of information you are looking for, somebody may be able to help. With all the addresses you have I am presuming you have quite a bit of information already. Do you have him any of the censuses? Do you have his family? If you can be a little more specific about what you know and what you are looking for, I am sure you will have more chance of a positive result......Cheers Kris  :D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wwykes24

• RootsChat Senior
  • Never say Never
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 02 July 05 21:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply, yes I have Henry's children - Catherine Ann, Eleanor Elisabeth, Emily, Ada, Charles, James and Laura.  I would like to find Henry's father and mother and also Ann Cooper's parents.  I couldn't seem to find Henry on the 1861 Census in Somerset.  I have found plenty of information on other Tizzards but they are all in Dorset and Hampshire and I do not know if there is a connection with any of them as yet. Charles is my great grandfather and he moved to London at some point in his adult life.  I think I have a brother for Henry - William Thomas Lasbury Tizzard who married Ann Coombes in 1869 at Holy Trinity, Queen Square, Bath. 

Many thanks  Wendy :)
Atkinson, Bailess, Bills, Brecknell, Goadby, Hill, Horspool, Johnson, Jones, Riggs, Sanders, Smith, Tizzard

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 02 July 05 21:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Wendy. I have been doing a bit of a scan and can see nothing in the censuses at all (1951,61 or 71). You cant find in 61 either so its not just me. Do you have them in 1871? If so it might pay to post the information provided as to ages and where born of all these people. In Bath in 1851 there is a 10 year old William but he lists as "Child at Nurse" (Foster Child) so if he connects he is of no help with parentage. The name Tizzard seems quite unsual, one would think some of these people would appear. Hope with ages and where born we may be able to find them somewhere-aren't these elusive families annoying.......Kris  :D

Offline wwykes24

• RootsChat Senior
  • Never say Never
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 02 July 05 22:17 BST (UK) »
Hello Kris,  Henry died in 1878 aged 48.  On the 1881 Census the family is living at 9 Crescent View, Walcot - there are 4 childred listed -Eleanor, Ada, Charles and James.  Catherine is in service at Bradsby Hall, Yorkshire and emily is also in service at 52 Market Street, Lancaster.  Baptism/birth dates I have for Henry's children are:

Catherine -  baptised 29th March, 1863
Eleanor - baptised 2nd December, 1864
Emily -  baptised 27th January, 1867
Ada - born circa 1870
Laura -  baptised 30th June, 1872 - died 1872
Charles - born 22nd February, 1873
James - born circa 1875.

Cheers.. Wendy

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 02 July 05 22:33 BST (UK) »
OK Wendy I did keep playing about and did eventually locate in 1871 though he still eludes me in 1861. You did mention Dorset and this tends to agree. There are 2 Henrys born in Dorset about the right time in 1861 census. One in Dorset One in Middlesex Both are married Neither are Coachbuildres  :'(

Here is the 1871 entry

RG10/2487 Folio 49 Page 47
6 Caroline Street
Bath Walcott
Somerset

TIZZARD Henry Head 40 Mat b Dorchester Coachbuilder
TIZZARD Ann Wife 37 Mar b Bath
TIZZARD Catherine A Dau 8 b Bath Scholar
TIZZARD Eleanor E Dau 6 b Bath Scholar
TIZZARD Emily Dau 4 b Bath Scholar
TIZZARD Henry Son 3 b Bath Scholar

Cheers Kris  :D

Offline wwykes24

• RootsChat Senior
  • Never say Never
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 02 July 05 22:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Kris, many thanks for the info - many more Tizzards around than I thought there would be! I wonder if it is possible that Henry and Ann were married at the time of the 1861 Census and were probably away from Somerset? They married in 1861 at St Thomas aBeckett, Widcome, Bath. 

Cheers.. Wendy  :D

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 02 July 05 22:53 BST (UK) »
Do you have a marriage Date? Looks like they were not married by the time of the 1861 Census as this looks like  Ann.

RG9/1684 Folio 31 Page 13
Bathwick
Bath Somerset

home of Charles Bradford - Fundholder

COOPER Ann Servant 28 Unm b Bath General Servant

Still no real help I'm afraid....Kris  :D

Offline wwykes24

• RootsChat Senior
  • Never say Never
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 02 July 05 23:16 BST (UK) »
No marriage date only the Quarter - March 1861 for Henry and Ann. You have been very helpful, many thanks

Cheers.. Wendy  :D