Author Topic: smith/savage  (Read 1370 times)

Offline trier

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
smith/savage
« on: Saturday 02 July 05 17:16 BST (UK) »
i know this is a long shot but anyway my father was john Frederick smith his mother was rose savage he was born 1930- died 1989 his mum was born 1899 both in islington London i m stuck trying to find any thing on his dad also john Frederick smith aka brenchly he was born during his mum hop picking in Kent if this sounds familiar please let me know Ive hit a brick wall i managed to trace rose savages family back to 1822.
crane,smith,savage,chaney,muckell,hardy,andrews,boyle,parmenter,brenchly

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
Re: smith/savage
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 July 05 05:41 BST (UK) »
Trier,

Have you used the freebmd site?  http://freebmd.rootsweb.com  ?  If not, you should have a look.

I found a John Frederick E Smith, born in Thanet (which is in Kent), Vol 2a, p 1081, Mar 1907.  No sign of a Brenchly of that name.

MarieC
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline freckly1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 September 09 13:11 BST (UK) »
Hi there - I have SAVAGE's from Islington.  Thomas SAVAGE b. 1801 in Clerkenwell and marr. 1830 to Jane Catherine BELLAMY (nee CREE) and after her death to a Mary PIMLEY nee WRIGHT.  Thaoms SAVAGE and Jane nee BELLAMY had 6 children.  The youngest was James Samuel SAVAGE who left England as a 17 yr old and went to NZ where he marr and had 9 children before coming to AUSTRALIA in 1889.  My late husband is descended from this line and we trace the line back to the late 1600 in Cowfold in SSX ENG.
One of the Cowfold girls, Hannah SAVAGE marr. an Isaac SMITH who sailed with Captain Cook on the Endeavour.
Hope this is of some help to you in your search.
Glenys ::)

Offline freckly1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 04 November 09 02:58 GMT (UK) »
Hello - I see you are looking for Islington SAVAGE's.  There were many famillies in the Islington/Clerkenwell areas.  Mine were clock and watchmakers from 1800 - 1850's. If you find a Thomas SAVAGE who married a Jane Catherine BELLAMY on 16 Jan 1830 at St John Baptist Church Clerkenwell, then we will have a connection.  Thomas and Jane had 6 known children, the youngest was James Samuel SAVAGE b. 1 Apr 1844.  James Samuel SAVAGE, aged 17 years, left London for NZ where he married and had  9 children before coming to Australia in 1886 and it is from him that our Branch is descended.
Cheers, Glenys