Author Topic: Belgian Death DeWilde  (Read 813 times)

Offline waiteohman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Belgian Death DeWilde
« on: Wednesday 26 November 14 03:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello
Could you please help with this Belgian Death record, Temse no. 133: http://www.rootschat.com/links/01e97/
I believe I see it is for Josephus DeWilde 28 years old died in Temse in 1841. I think he is son of Julia Bulteel and Josephus DeWilde. Am I correct? Help with any details much appreciated.
Linda
Dorman, Waite, Moore, Clark/Clarke, Neil, Rennie/Rainey, Brown, Mclean, Day, Millar/Miller, Gunion/Gunzion, Thomson, Black, Milvain, McCubbin, Steadman, Kirby

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Belgian Death DeWilde
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 November 14 09:26 GMT (UK) »
I think Joseph DeWilde, 28, was one of the witnesses/informants. Julia Butteel, (widow?) of Joseph DeWilde, was the deceased (sorry, my Dutch is not very good).

There are some transcriptions of civil records with translation here, which I think can be very helpful:
http://belgium.rootsweb.ancestry.com/src/bel/cr/index.html
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mygirlbill

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 November 14 11:54 GMT (UK) »
I'm having difficulty reading the certificate. What I can read is as follows:
Joseph de Wilde aged 28 ...........................................declared that on July 27 at 5 pm died Julia Butteel aged 30??? born and living in ??????? and wife of Josephus de Wilde.
Hopefully someone else will be able to fill in all the gaps. Sorry that I can't do any better.

Offline waiteohman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 November 14 14:31 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both for your help. This makes better sense now. I have some births in Temse that read Temsche on the certificates so knew she was the family were living there. Thanks for letting me know born and living, so I will look for her birth certificate now that I have an idea of her age and where. Thanks for the sample site  :D
Dorman, Waite, Moore, Clark/Clarke, Neil, Rennie/Rainey, Brown, Mclean, Day, Millar/Miller, Gunion/Gunzion, Thomson, Black, Milvain, McCubbin, Steadman, Kirby

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 November 14 20:57 GMT (UK) »
perhaps the full translation may help
cert n° 133  -  De Wilde N.N.
In the year 1841 the 27th July at 10 o’clock in the morning, before us Petrus Augustinus Stoor, alderman,  officer of the civil registration of the municipality Temse, province East Flanders, have appeared :  Joseph De Wilde, day laborer, 28 years old and Joseph Everaert, clerk, 26 years old, both living in Temse, acquaintances of the deceased, who have declared that on the 26th July at  5 o’clock in the afternoon, Julia Bulteel, 30 years old, born and living at Temse, legally housewife of the aforementioned Josephus De Wilde, has given birth to a stillborn child  of the female gender, which he has shown us, and we have signed this document with the 2nd appearer after the reading, the 1st  has declared not to be able to write.
Barnes  -  Bezzell  -  O'Farell  -  Smith - Pluquet
Belgium - France - Calcutta  -  Essex  -  Exeter  -  Harlesden  -  Newcastle Upon Tyne  -  Tavistock  -  Willesden

Offline waiteohman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Completed : Belgian Death DeWilde
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 27 November 14 03:23 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so very much Leen.
Linda