Author Topic: Help with BLOMBERG  (Read 6850 times)

Offline Larry Blomberg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Help with BLOMBERG
« on: Wednesday 26 November 14 13:28 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find information re my step father Adolfo Roberto Manuel - (Bob) Blomberg. Although he was Swedish he was born  2 OCT 1929 in Buenos Aires Argentina. He died here in Australia 4 NOV 1984 in Princess Alexandra Hospital South Brisbane. Over the years I have had no luck in getting information about him especially Swedish information. I have given up pretty much over the last few years but now I would like to make a concerted effort in finding his family. Apart from the above, all I know is that his parents were quiet wealthy. His Father owned a Volvo dealership and his mother a Shoe business and were Swedish and lived in Sweden. His father may be named Oke and his Mother Jill. I don't know their birth or death dates. I do know that his Mother died and his father re married a woman named Stina. I actually visited her in Karlstad in 1980 but she has since died. My step father and his father's new wife didn't get on and so he left the country. I believe he became a seaman as I do have a little info on some ships he worked on. He ended up in Australia in the early 50's. Met my Mother who was divorced and I was about 2 or 3. He raised me till his early death in 1984. I think that's about it. If there is anyone who can assist me I would be very grateful. I did read some posts from Jamcat95 who was posting about another relative of mine - Florence Beatrice St Claire. I thought he may be able to help as he lives in Sweden. I would really like to know my Swedish roots. Although he was my Step father he did raise me. He never did go back to Sweden.

Hoping someone can help me.

Larry Blomberg

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help with BLOMBERG
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 November 14 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Have you got his marriage certificate to your Mother , or his death certificate?

Added:
Is it your tree on ancestry, with him in it?

Had his Father died by the time you visited the stepmother in 1980?

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 November 14 17:05 GMT (UK) »
I know nothing about names for Swedish records, so you might be better posting on other boards, but there is this for a possible birth for Ock Blomberg, depends how old you think Ock was when Adolfo was born, and what surname he actually takes.

Ocke Döpt,  born    8 nov 1907 in Värmdö, Stockholm, Sweden
Father was Klas Ludvig Blomberg and the father was born on 18 Oct 1876
Mother was Emilia Sofia Eriksson and she was born on 25 Sep 1862

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 27 November 14 01:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi chempat and Larry,

chempat: Where did you get this info about Ocke. I have traced this family in the books here in Sweden but there was no Ocke listed as a member of this family nor was there an Ocke born on Värmdö in that year.

Larry: What info do you have on Stina from Karlstad? I need her surname to have any chance of locating her.
Also, I don't recall the name Florence Beatrice St Claire. Can you remind me please, it may help.

Ian

Offline Larry Blomberg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 27 November 14 03:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi CHEMPAT - Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking an interest in my question to this forum.
In answering your questions.
I do not have any marriage certs as they never actually married - they were together for over 30 years till his death in 1984 aged 55. This caused a problem in Swedish law when my Grandmother, Stina died. I was informed that as there was no marriage between my Mother and my Dad I was not recognised and therefore was not entitled to anything. I hadn't even asked for anything - didn't even inquire.

I do have his death cert. It states that his fathers name was Oke. This would have been provided by my Mother. There is no name for his Mother on the Cert. He died in Brisbane 4th Nov 1984 aged 55.
How I came to say my Grandmother's name was Jill was because I have a pic of both of them and one says Oke and the other says Jill. You know what the more I look at it perhaps it doesn't say Jill - perhaps it is in Swedish as there are a few words on the pic and it just looks like Jill. I tried to attach it but don't seem to be able to.

Yes that is my tree on Ancestry with Bob Blomberg in it. The pics of his parents are also on it.

Yes, by the time I visited Stina in Karlstad around 1980 my Grandfather had already died but I don't recall what year he died - It may have been in the first half of the 70's as I think I was still living at home when he died. I do recall that my Dad was very upset that he hadn't returned to see him.

JAMCAT95 - Thanks for the help, I need it.

In regards to Stina's name - I can only suggest that her married name was Stina Blomberg. When I visited her she was living on her own in Karlstad. Apart from a photo I have that's all the info I have. I do not have the emails sent to me shortly before her death. These emails came from a lawyer I believe just informing me that she was very ill and further emails stating that she had died. I was never told where she was buried/cremated - no more emails after that.

There was a thread I read re Florence Beatrice St Claire - the wife of my Great Grand Uncle Sydney Herbert Sandry. Her third husband was Swedish, Karl Gustaf Sundstrom. I was looking for info on the Sandry name and you had contributed a number of comments as she was married 4 times and the third was to a Swede.

One of your posts included the following; Dated 28 May this year

Thank you majm....

Here is the family in 1890 in Nyköping. Carl's father was a river pilot.
If you want I can trace this family in the books here in Sweden.

Sundström, Gerdt Karl - born 1837 - Father
Karlsson, Augusta Charlotta - born 1855 - Mother

Then you included the whole family which assisted me as well without you knowing - Thanks

After looking again at the pics of my Grandfather and Grandmother and looking again at the writing on them - it says G.F. - "Julian ??? or similar 1958 Poppa. For G.M. - J.ill  Adolfo??? Julian??? 1958.

Thanks to both of you for taking an interest

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 27 November 14 08:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Larry

Can you put the back of the photo on Ancestry if you have problems with it on Roots. I would like to see the names.
Cheers.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 27 November 14 08:38 GMT (UK) »
ahh!

Just noticed that you had a private tree.

Ian

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 27 November 14 08:48 GMT (UK) »
Ian,

I just did a complete search on ancestry for anything on Ock Blomberg born in Sweden around 1900, and that popped up in births. (Sweden indexed birth records 1860-1941 in Swedish,) 

There is more information on the image, which I did not attempt to decipher (not me personally, but a colleague is Swedish).

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 27 November 14 08:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi chempat

Just found your Ocke on Ancestry. After looking at the record there it says "icke döpt" - not christened.
Her name was Ingeborg Maria and was actually born in Kungsholm, Stockholm.
I didn't see the date in the book until now (it got a bit late last night).

Ian