Author Topic: Elizabeth Illidge, born 1844 in Aston-by-Sutton  (Read 12971 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Illidge, born 1844 in Aston-by-Sutton
« Reply #36 on: Friday 09 January 15 11:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Rolnora, I'd previously searched and searched for them in 1841 but nothing, so thanks for that. I guess with John there too and in Dutton, it more or less confirms the family.

Wonder if the GRO will find that birth (hope the March Q 1844 birth isn't a John and Sarah too!).

Not had such a complex surname before (especially as the options have 2 starting letters).  ::)
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline rolnora

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 09 January 15 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Yes the problem all along has been with the numerous variations of the surname ???
but you have made great strides with it.
Hopefully the birth reg, fingers crossed, will help clarify things a bit more.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 09 January 15 11:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Rolnora, will let you know.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 09 January 15 16:47 GMT (UK) »
Just had an email from the GRO, giving me a refund, saying the certificate was issued as the closest match to the info I supplied, BUT they only search 1 surname / spelling.

They did say that they'd done a further search for me :) but were unable to find an entry from the further details supplied in my letter sent when returning the certificate, so assume the Mar '44 entry (19/219) was either not Sarah or Dutton, or both.

Will order the Elizabeth Hildage Q3 1843 now as that seems to be likely given the Little Leigh baptisms  ::)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 10 January 15 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Just found the baptism of John Hilliage (yet another variation ::)), son of John and Sarah, of Dutton, parish of Great Budworth, at Daresbury on 26 August 1839. ;D 

Offline rolnora

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 11 January 15 06:26 GMT (UK) »
Great find Deirdre
I can see it now, John a Labourer :)

I have just found at long long last ....
Elizabeth Hildage bapt 6 August 1843 at the Chapel of Little Leigh
Dau of John and Sarah
John's a labourer and residence is Dutton ;D
If this is the correct baptism then the 1843 Q3 birth reg for Elizabeth has surely got to be the correct one.  ::)

Offline rolnora

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 11 January 15 06:40 GMT (UK) »
Could this be Ann ?

Anne Hildage bapt 6 July 1846 Chapel of Little Leigh.
Dau of John a labourer and Sarah
Residence Dutton. :)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 11 January 15 06:45 GMT (UK) »
Morning Rolnora, yes looks like it  :). Found them a few days ago - see reply 34 (sorry). And an Ellen burial.
Deirdre

Offline rolnora

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 11 January 15 06:52 GMT (UK) »
I was just typing a reply to apologise. :-[
Reading back through the posts I realized that you had already found them ???