Author Topic: Elizabeth Illidge, born 1844 in Aston-by-Sutton  (Read 12976 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Illidge, born 1844 in Aston-by-Sutton
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 11 January 15 07:02 GMT (UK) »
Not a problem Rolnora, masses of into on here. Your help has been massive and your 1841 find in Dutton convinced me they were the right family  - obviously moved round a bit before settling in AbS. Will tie it all up when the certs arrive. Then go backwards with the Yarwoods :)

Have a good day, hopefully less windy than the the last few! Taking my daughter back to uni today so won't be online now til later.

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline rolnora

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 11 January 15 07:16 GMT (UK) »
It sounds a bit calmer this morning.
Have a good day yourself and a safe journey.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 13 January 15 15:57 GMT (UK) »
If you are looking for other siblings, Ellen (1816) married Peter Dunbabin at St. Laurence, Frodsham on 2 August 1840. She gives her address as Frodsham. Her father was Samuel, Labourer and one of the witnesses was Samuel, presumably her brother.

I also have a later marriage in my records. Mary Illidge, 22, daughter of John married John Thomas Dunbabin (grandson of Peter & Ellen) on 1 June 1905 at St. Peter, Aston. Clara Annie Illidge was a witness.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 13 January 15 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Andrew, I had Ellen in my tree but not her husband or marriage. Are you related?

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Online andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 16 January 15 01:12 GMT (UK) »
No, not related, but I have a one-name study into the Dunbabin families. They are everywhere, but the earliest records are from the area around Warrington.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 16 January 15 06:30 GMT (UK) »
OK, thanks Andrew  :)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Friday 16 January 15 20:41 GMT (UK) »
The birth certificate arrived today.... Elizabeth Hildage, born 20 June 1843 at Dutton, parents John Hildage and Sarah, formerly Yarwood ;D

Fantastic, thanks to Rolnora and everyone here for their help, I wouldn't have found this without you.

PS: Just spotted that the subject is completely wrong ::)

Offline rolnora

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Saturday 17 January 15 07:52 GMT (UK) »
That's great news Deirdre ,
It took a little while but you got there.  ;D

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Saturday 17 January 15 09:13 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Rolnora,

How do you record different spellings? I've noted the variations with the birth, baptism, census, marriage, death and burial entries on my tree but at the moment still have Elizabeth as Illidge (as I've known her for 2 years!).  :-\