Author Topic: St Andrew's, Headington - PR check please  (Read 2426 times)

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
St Andrew's, Headington - PR check please
« on: Sunday 30 November 14 16:00 GMT (UK) »
My ancestor Thomas LOUCH married Elizabeth CHABON at St Andrew's Church on 11 October 1795, according to OFHS CD HED03.

I know their transcripts are usually very reliable, but on this occasion I'm not quite sure about the bride's surname.  There appear to be no other CHABONs in the OFHS marriage index, and I wonder whether she was actually a CHADBON(E).

If anyone is going to St Luke's, could you have a look at the PR entry for me?  Thanks in anticipation (and please don't be offended if I don't reply immediately, as I have limited internet access at present).

Carol

OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline Iffley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: St Andrew's, Headington - PR check please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 December 14 19:48 GMT (UK) »
My ancestor Thomas LOUCH married Elizabeth CHABON at St Andrew's Church on 11 October 1795, according to OFHS CD HED03.

I know their transcripts are usually very reliable, but on this occasion I'm not quite sure about the bride's surname.  There appear to be no other CHABONs in the OFHS marriage index, and I wonder whether she was actually a CHADBON(E).

If anyone is going to St Luke's, could you have a look at the PR entry for me?  Thanks in anticipation (and please don't be offended if I don't reply immediately, as I have limited internet access at present).

Carol

Carol -

If you have a doubt about any OFHS transcription, you're always welcome to contact the Society (via the HelpDesk) and we can look at the problem.  I will look at the scan of this entry, and post my findings.

Wendy
OFHS HelpDesk
www.ofhs.org.uk

Offline Iffley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 December 14 18:21 GMT (UK) »

If anyone is going to St Luke's, could you have a look at the PR entry for me? 

Carol

Carol -

Following on from my message of yesterday, I have the image of the register, and it clearly has CHABON.  It seems I can't upload the image to this board, so I'll email it to you for reassurance.

Wendy
OFHS HelpDesk

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 01 March 15 12:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wendy,

Profuse apologies for not responding earlier – your post and email arrived on my birthday, and I had a rare visit from the family, so this was overlooked. :-[  We’ve also had some dramas with patchy internet access as we’re travelling around WA.

Anyway, many thanks for the look-up which has been added to my small collection of ‘original documents’.  It’s always best to get the truth, even though I might never find out where Ms Chabon came from. ::)

Thanks again,
Carol

PS  Btw, RootsChat doesn’t allow attachments to posts on look-up boards.  This prevents people doing copy-and-paste from other sites, thereby infringing copyright.
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch