Author Topic: Poland: KRZASNY/SZCZESNY/CHESNEY  (Read 2884 times)

Offline Slavko

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Poland: KRZASNY/SZCZESNY/CHESNEY
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 04 December 14 10:11 GMT (UK) »
Could she have to be a widow? Behind him, she left Poland? Then we can look for it in the books of birth... :) When she married changed her name. The Catholic books from this period, there is often the name Krzast, I have not found Krzasny. Neither came to Pauline. Books are in Latin, and in most years, was led by someone who wrote like a chicken claw :) From the Latin, I have no problems, the problem of ugly letter for it. I only found something from 1850 - a book of marriages. There exists Paula Krzast (?)

Offline Slavko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 04 December 14 11:19 GMT (UK) »
Paula Krzast

Offline Slavko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 04 December 14 11:47 GMT (UK) »
I asked if she could be a widow or a divorcee. Then we do not know her name, only that the document issued in Bydgoszcz (Bromberg). Then you need to carefully search the book of marriages. Maybe she married someone named Krzasny? Krzasny such name as there is neither in the books of births. I checked the book of Catholic and Protestant.
In the lists of births Protestant, is much Pauline, but none except one does not have the name of K.

Photo below

Offline francoso

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 05 December 14 04:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Slavko. Do you agree that the passport means that she got it in 1850 and intended to leave Poland in that year but postponed her travel until 1857 ?

Seven years is a long time and no reason is available to us. I wonder why she would arrange for a passport in 1850 if she intended to get married that same year ? If she did get married in 1850, her husband may have died about 1856 or 1857 and she then decided to emigrate to England ? If she was married for say 5-7 years, surely she would have had children born in that period of time.

Do you agree that the name on the passport is KRZASNY ?

Were you able to read and translate the two messages on the back of the passport ?

Regards
francoso

Offline Slavko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 06 December 14 07:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
a passport is a problem, photo is too small Resolutions, larger letters to blurrier. To post you can attach a picture of the maximum size of 500kb, it is not enough to increase. I'll send you a private message, my email address. Then send me a scan of the document in very good quality, will come in the mail to 25 Mb.

I have an idea who is well read. I have a friend the historian, works in one of the archives in Bydgoszcz. I think that the document that was created in Bydgoszcz, should be some trace in our archives. I know that the Prussian officials to draw up each document indicate this in their records. If these documents have survived, you can confront with them a passport. I think I survived, of Bydgoszcz, although fighting took place in 1939 and 1945, but without the use of heavy artillery, so the city was not destroyed.
Using state archives in Poland is free for citizens. You only pay when you want to archive workers to seek for us. You can look for yourself for free.

The plan is to:
1. Send me a high-quality scan
2. I'll check the traces of this document in Bydgoszcz archives.
3. How will we know exactly what it was called, it only can be found in the documents from Witkowo.

My friend the historian will not want problems to help. He also likes puzzles and mysteries. How to find something specific, it will set him a bottle of whiskey, which we drink together.  ;D In Poland, more difficult to arrange something for the money, the easiest way for a bottle with friends.  ;)

Greetings from Bydgoszcz
Slavko