Author Topic: Deaths of the Mcknights  (Read 1508 times)

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Deaths of the Mcknights
« on: Sunday 03 July 05 09:05 BST (UK) »
Hi all as I have had no luck with births for my Mcknights I wonder how I am going to find deaths When I was in Ireland found a grave marked burial ground of the Mcknight family been in touch with the vicor but the buial ground is empty
any idears how I can find these deaths

David Mcknight c 1780 died after 1851

Margret Mcknight c1783 died after 1851

David Mcknight c 1805 died  between 1851-1869

Patrica Mcknight c 1813 died after 1851

all living Ballinderry in 1851

thank
Audrey

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: Deaths of the Mcknights
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 July 05 11:46 BST (UK) »
Oh Audrey, you are certainly having a time of it with your McKnights. It seems strange that the butial ground was empty. With the ages of these McKnights, it would be hard to imagine they would have moved from the area after 1851, although I suppose it is possible.

Have you checked if PRONI hold any records for the Church where the grave was? Although the Vicar has said it is empty, it would maybe be worth checking original church records from around that time.

How did you get on with the 1843 birth...did you decide to get the UHF record?

"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 July 05 12:52 BST (UK) »
Scotmum
thanks for the reply did nothing about that birth I think its the same one I got from Proni last year and the father turned out be a William  I wouldn't care passed them on when I was in Ballinderry to another McKnight doing research thought I had kept a copy I am thinking maybe another trip to Ireland might be the answer this time just my husband and I taking the brother in law was not a good idea as I felt I should not be spending all my time resarching  which is why I went in the first place .I am thinking of paying for some more reseach might get in touch with Brian again see what he can suggest  and I will stay closer to Belfast next time  to make it easier to get to records office having to get buses all the Time only two an hour made things difficult and I have yet to make a start on the Rafferty family if I ever do .Most of the info I had on them turned out to be red herrings spent 10 years looking for my grandfather in Ireland turned out he was born in Newcastle and it was his father born Ireland

audrey

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 May 07 04:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Audrey,

It may help to link the threads. Marriage Look up

Chris