Author Topic: fish pond cottages  (Read 4444 times)

Offline jangar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: fish pond cottages
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 21 August 16 06:45 BST (UK) »
Hello, my mum is a descendant of the Stinson family and attended a party there at that house in the 1930's. Ruth Stinson married into the Roome family.

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 22 August 16 13:16 BST (UK) »
Him Steve
My Gran was Vera Elizabeth page born whitwick 1913 father Herbert page born 1872 ruddington notts they lived st Mary's terrs most the family lived round the old factory site that's gone now grans side of Stinson was Susan Howard her father John who married Florence Martha who lived at the farm called cockshaw cooler ton and Cecil Stinson who lived ashby he has family who I have spoken to .i have wanted to meet more , also grans side was sear her sister olive page married horce sear his brother was Tom sear he lived in the cottage at the back . My gran married Thomas Henry Ernest woolman in 1937 whitwick his father was Ernest John woolman born 1880 turlangton Leicester he married a fanny freer from shepshed Britannia street .
They lived in the old row at Bardon quarry then moved down to HUgglesote were my grandad was born in 1912 when gran and grandad married they had my father Colin Tom woolman born 1938 belivoir Road Coalville  grandad was a tv repair man gran worked at the Wolsey . Dad married 1960 Markfield to a Linda cooper born 1941 father Ernest cooper born 1907 Markfield we live Markfield lane newtown Linford I was born 1964 I have two brothers Paul mark and a sister Julie she married into the hill family Markfield . Paul married a Diane warren from narborough road south Leicester .
Steve

Offline jangar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 23 August 16 07:21 BST (UK) »
Hi I can see on my family tree where we are related- one more generation back through your Ernest John Woolman's grandparents John b1825 and his wife Charlotte (nee Tailby). We have just done DNA with Ancestry to try to find our Woolman/ Stimson and Roome relatives. All these names are associated with Fishpond Cottage.

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 23 August 16 22:45 BST (UK) »
Hi hangar
I have the book that Robert wrote the family story in it's called at home & away done by the springboard centre Coalville .my grandad did the drawings in a war magazine called the billet I have every part of it he did it for the Leicester Mercury back the he tried to get Robert on the paper but couldn't .grandad was into fishing in a big way he worked for the Wooten brothers iron foundry but had to give that up due to ashma that's why he whent the into TV repair man.i have photos of him and my gran I have the tailby family tree already printed out .i have been to turlangton village found all the graves there never been across to smeeton westerby yet would love to I have seen the thatch cottage George woolman lived in just up the street .he was a electrian he was always invited to Christmas dinner he's buried at the front of the church.ernest John worked for Reid and siegrist at desford doing aeroplane parts .and at a factory in Owen street Coalville .one Danny's sisters married a Sargent Parker in Coalville but not been able to find much on him .my gran and grandad both passedaway in the 1990s .gran died Christmas morning which ruined it for me I lived with them while at school . Tom had a accident he whent throw his work shop floor & came down with shingles.i have all of my woolman family research.i have always wanted to do the Dna thing but didn't know we're to start. I love some come from our family show me how to do it ,and to meet them .i have found mums side that's took me to bradgate park the cooper family married into the geary family Elizabeth geary born 1810 that took me to her mother and father her mothers father William frost was a steward for lady Jane grey ,and his father which means they were in charge of kitchen staff buying things food pots and pans so really proud of that .
Steve

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 23 August 16 23:29 BST (UK) »
Dad told me about Lakin Stinson being a game keeper .also from grams side her mother was a walker from whitwick her mother was Ann walker forty hurst her side was John hurst he was a coachman he lived near ashby Susan told me he would have delivered the post before Royal Mail were ever thought of he would play a horn as they whent through villages I have one hanging in my bedroom .susan Howard lives in Liverpool she was grans niece Lakin Stinson married my grans sister Sarah Elsie page they had Florence martha Stinson she married John Howard Susan's father he came from Birkenhead.
Ernest John Howard
Spouse Stinson
Sarah Elsie page
Lakin was born 1902 June quarter
Sarah born 1920
Sarah & Lakin married 1919 two children Florence Martha and Cecil Stinson Cecil married even Osborne in 1948
Lakin mother married Harry birkin and had at least two children in Nottingham.
Reginald 1905 and William  1909
Elsie's father Herbert page born 1872 ruddington notts
My grans father .
They also lived in green lane whitwick when he married Elizabeth Ann walker in 1895.
Ste

Offline jangar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 24 August 16 00:48 BST (UK) »
hey, what a lovely lot of family information.  We should email each other with photos and other family information. I can help you sort out DNA testing too. I have sent you a private message with my email in it. Regards Janet (jangar)

Offline Michelle_2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 12 February 19 22:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I know this is a really old thread but I only started doing my family tree a few months ago.

My great grandmother was Lillian Hibbert who lived in Fish Pond cottages and her mother Martha Lakin. We have recently found a lot of photographs and postcards between the Hibberts/Lakin/Stinson families at home which belonged to Lillian Hibbert all from around 1900-1920 and she must have passed them to my grandad James Arthur Smith who was her only child. None of the photos we have are labelled so we don't know who they are but I was wondering if anyone had any information about the Hibberts/ Lakin/ Stinson family or any photos so we could maybe match names to faces? I would love to know who the pictures are of. I would be very grateful of any information to help with my tree :)

Michelle

Offline jangar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 13 February 19 08:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Michelle, great to hear from you. We are related then and so is Steven on this post (he's my 5th cousin we worked out). Janet

Offline Michelle_2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 13 February 19 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janet, that's great! It's really interesting to find out who you are related to and you never even knew!

Michelle