Author Topic: Daniel Ryan- wexford  (Read 5183 times)

Offline ann k

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Daniel Ryan- wexford
« on: Sunday 03 July 05 16:44 BST (UK) »
My gt gt grandparents were married in Liverpool in 1848, on the marriage cert ,they are Daniel Ryan & Ellen Edwards,he is 36 yrs and she 22 yrs, fathers are Michael Ryan a farmer & Luke Edwards a farmer. at St Anthonys where they were married they were down as being born in Wexford Ire.
I have them on the 1851 census and they have with them another Ellen Ryan & Elizabeth Ryan, now on that census no ages or what relation they were to to Daniel & Ellen.
although Ellens name is down as Edwards, on other certs of her childrens the name changes to Ellert & Ellwood,so its one of the three.
 There ages are a bit out too as on the 1861 Daniel is 43 and Ellen 33, I havent a clue where to go from here ,has anyone got any ideas on how to find them  in Wexford ? :-\

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Ryan- wexford
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 February 06 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ann,

Use this site http://www.failteromhat.com/griffiths.php You will find both the surnames in Co. Wexford. This site shows people living in the county in 1853 at the time when Griffiths Valuations were conducted there. I suggest a possible starting point which may enable you to find your ancestors would be to look at the parishes in the county where both surnames were to be found. Keep your fingers crossed that there is not a very lengthy list.

Best Wishes, Christopher

Offline ann k

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Ryan- wexford
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 February 06 10:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christopher,
 thanks for that, really good to get at least one reply. :)
 I will certainly try that and see if I get anywhere, I will let you know how it goes, good job I have a week off work think I will need that amount of time on this mystery.
 Best Regards Ann.