Author Topic: FamilySearch website - are you included?  (Read 36140 times)

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: FamilySearch website - are you included?
« Reply #198 on: Thursday 01 January 15 19:53 GMT (UK) »

Guy...............must be great to be so knowledgable.

My point re my half sibling...............................DID he want the world to know he was adopted (without being given the choice)?.........IS THAT TOO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND  ??? - surprising as you seem to be the class "know-it-all"  ::)

BTW, I didn't mention my half sibling to anyone while my parent was alive.
Maybe I was told he was dead & found out online through a voters roll that he was infact very much alive?

Questions need answered re living peoples details being practically a "free for all" without them even knowing it.

Thanks FIFER for your sensible input too.

Annie

Thank you Annie.

Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline fifer1947

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: Thursday 01 January 15 20:20 GMT (UK) »
Guy just so you understand and don't make assumptions about my knowledge or lack thereof. 

I'm a woman, mother, grandmother and great grandmother. 

I met my friend who had the stillbirth 34 years ago in the same ward where late miscarriages were treated as full term stillbirths. Unfortunately for me, complications following 3 miscarriages meant not only the loss of a dearly wanted baby but also the end of my child bearing years.
Ireland, Co Antrim: Kerr; Hollinger; Forsythe; Moore
Ireland, Co Louth: Carson; Leslie
Ireland, Co Kerry: Ferris
Scotland, Perthshire/Glasgow:  Stewart
England, Devon/Cornwall: Ferris, Gasser/Jasser/Jesser, Norman

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: Thursday 01 January 15 21:45 GMT (UK) »
This thread has brought up a variety of sub-topics, and shown that people have some strong opinions on the subjects raised. Please, I ask everyone who has and will contributed to this thread to keep it civil, and try and present a calm argument when making your point.
Stillborn births are something that a lot of people do feel uncomfortable talking about. From my own experience, the mothers show the whole gamut of emotion, some wanting to not discuss it, while others openly acknowledge and share their stories. There is no right or wrong.
My wife falls into the latter category. Many years ago, she fell pregnant, and gave birth to a stillborn. She had unsupportive parents, and was not allowed to see or hold the baby at the hospital. For some inexplicable reason, the staff at the hospital did not get a photo of the baby either, even though it was SOP at the time. When we got together, she shared her story with me. We visit the small plaque where the child is buried, and discuss with anyone when the topic comes up. We do not hide the fact, and we even joked about having a birthday party this year, as it is a milestone for the baby.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: Thursday 01 January 15 21:48 GMT (UK) »
And if anyone wants to track me, even though I too do not participate in social media, good luck to them. They will find I have a wide range of interests, as I am on genealogy and reptile-keeping forums.  ;D

Moderator comment: Ladies & Gentleman - this topic has now reached over twenty pages, so the time has come to lock it and move on in this New Year.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions.  It would be a rare occasion indeed if everyone agreed with each other  ;)
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.